Hackers Nip NZXT, Distributes Damaging Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
They are awesome with warranties. They are sending me two new pcb's for my Cryo LX (the BEST notebook cooler in the world) a full year after purchasing it without giving me any trouble at all. They do not even sell this model any more (if they do it is not in stock at ANY online stores)

bomberboysk

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
The Cryo LX is in stock at quite a few locations(amazon and Xoxide , i agree with NZXT warranty...i love it, and i love the NZXT Beta as well as the NZXT Gamma, and M59, all such wonderful cases for the price that they are at.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
free advertising?

I like NZXT as well, being the suspicious person i am i have to wonder if this is just to get their name in the news, generate a buzz.

examples:
It works for apple -->iphone beta forgotten in a public place.
It works for guy with moose video that was pirated.

jon1245

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Although I'm glad they aren't out of business, this person that hacked into their system is by no means a real hacker, a skiddie (script kiddie) at best. No real hacker would take the time to send out an email like that or change warranties; they'd just completely dismantle the webpage and replace it with something funny OR they'd steal customer info.

No, this was someone who has a grudge against NZXT and wants to hurt their reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a former/current employee using their login credentials.

lobsterm

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]free advertising?[/citation]

Sounds like good advertising.

The message ended by offering a Sentry LXE at no additional cost to the first ten people who purchase an NZXT Khaos case.

I wonder how many people bought an Khaos case.

G

It wasn't a disgruntled employee. Someone found the admin page. The admin page was flawed and took any username and password. That is how access was made. They weren't out to hurt/damage the company. They just wanted to mess around a bit because they could, and they wanted the company to take notice and fix the really terribly obvious flaw. There was no grudge. Ever done something wrong just because you could? That's why this person did it.

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, cause hackers don't normally attack companies like Nzxt. Especially just to send some joke e-mails and bring down some site banners. Besides Nzxt has never done anything to warrant an attack on them like make douche announcements about how failures in products are due to users not using them right...*cough* Apple *cough*.

So I second the disgruntle employee theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.