Question Hackintosh CPU And GPU Fans not spinning up even under load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchtime

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Hi guys,
A very troubling problem about my hackintosh build is that the fans on the GPU as well as CPU dont start spinning up when im gaming or working or doing anything for that matter. It goes under complete load spewing hot air but my collers just run idle. Same issue with the gpu too. If i run the same game on windows on my Computer the fans spin up perfectly hardly allowing my components to go above 60C . Everything seems to be running fine otherwise.
I have installed all the proper bootloader and drivers for my computer and it works perfect but it scares me that i am going to burn of my GPU/CPU without proper cooling.

I use my ssd as the startup disk and am running OSX Mavericks(the same problem was occuring for my ML build too). All the connections in the hardware seem to be fine but this problem gets me all tensed.

My build includes : i7-3770k
Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
Geforce GTX670 FTW Signature2 Graphics card
120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD
2*3TB HDD WD Green
Carbide 500r Case
Blu-ray player 12x
Corsair TX650 Power supply
Silver Arrow SB Extreme CPU Cooler

Any all solutions are much appreciated .

clutchtime

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

All the components including hard drives read the temps correctly , all hardware was peiced together from a really tested build. Dont know if im missing a plist maybe? i did recall that we had to replace a CPUNull power management plist.. maybe thats the problem?

clutchtime

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

Everything runs normally but while installing i did have to remove the null cpupower management plist... all sensors work, tested it in windows, fans spin properly including gpu's...

Status
Not open for further replies.