Had a few Issues with Current PC's Storage, need the Advice of Tom'sHardware Forum Seekers!

BloomTQ

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Hey guys, it's Bloom.

In the past, I've had problems with random crashes, freezes and blue screens. Tom's Hardware users have been EXTREMELY patient and VERY courteous with me. I've finally narrowed down the only possible cause and need the advice of the forum-goers here.

After replacing the GPU of a GTX 650 and upgrading to a GTX 750Ti OC.... After replacing(and upgrading) from an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core to an AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz, and after replacing a crappy power supply with a SeaSonic S12, that leaves the motherboard (which has no hiccups with it) and the Storage (RAM and HDD)

I plan to purchase a SSD and HDD Combo, but I don't know much about the first thing about it. I DO know that I wish to put all my main apps and boot drive onto the SDD and use the HDD as extras.

What would you guys reccommend?

Lastly, what steps would I need to take in order to get my own, personal OS on the SSD, and what steps would I take in installing it?

Solution
Not sure how many applications you are putting on your SSD, but I'd think that 500GB would be enough. That is unless you have a large STEAM library and you want to run it off of the SSD.

As for HDD's, my preference is WD drives. Something like a WD 2TB Black would be nice.

BloomTQ

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
This is my current pick - Please criticize and give me better opinions/options

f6dd080213.png

Not sure how many applications you are putting on your SSD, but I'd think that 500GB would be enough. That is unless you have a large STEAM library and you want to run it off of the SSD.

As for HDD's, my preference is WD drives. Something like a WD 2TB Black would be nice.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS