Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
i had a green horizontal line across my monitor and it looked it was done for it was a very narrow line and it wasnt for loose gpu or ram cause i removed my pc power and just turned the monitor on ... and the line was still there.. but yesterday i was downloading something and my pc was on night light mode, i turned the screen off to not get more damage, but magically after i checked after 5 hours or so the line disappeared, will i have that line ever in future should i change my monitor? is it a sign my monitor gonna die?

Solution
Typically a line is caused by a loose connection in the monitor itself. If just turning it on/off was enough to affect the connection, it's likely to get worse over time. It's not going to die exactly but more lines will be turning colors as the cable comes off. If it's new, get a replacement. There's no reason to deal with a faulty monitor if you don't have to. If it's old and no warranty, you may be able to find what's loose and glue it so it doesn't move.
Typically a line is caused by a loose connection in the monitor itself. If just turning it on/off was enough to affect the connection, it's likely to get worse over time. It's not going to die exactly but more lines will be turning colors as the cable comes off. If it's new, get a replacement. There's no reason to deal with a faulty monitor if you don't have to. If it's old and no warranty, you may be able to find what's loose and glue it so it doesn't move.

Reactions: Yash_rc
Solution

TRENDING THREADS