Question Had a power outage recently and My RAID 10 is coming up as offline, How can I recover or fix this?

contro

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
I get the feeling one of my disks has failed but I should still be able to recover or rebuild my Raid 10 right? Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

CJZiKgL.jpg

r8gAIGA.jpg

xtBQ5ei.jpg

IL7jzHf.png

The issue this user is having is really similar to what's going on in my situation : Raid 10 1 disk fail 3 show up

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
A single dead drive out of a RAID 10, and the array and data should be recoverable.
Swap in a new drive, and, in theory, it should rebuild.

Of course, the best way to recover is to simply rebuild the array with blank drives, and recover from the backup you made before this happened.

contro

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
A single dead drive out of a RAID 10, and the array and data should be recoverable.
Swap in a new drive, and, in theory, it should rebuild.

Of course, the best way to recover is to simply rebuild the array with blank drives, and recover from the backup you made before this happened.
I think I will try and replace the failed drive.

I did not make a backup ... Facepalm.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, it does not look like this can be recovered.

A RAID is a good idea for only a very small percentage of consumers with very specific uses. And pretty much anyone who actually needs one will also know that RAID is not a backup. This would be a good opportunity to revisit why you have a RAID and evaluate whether you actually should be using it or not and preparing a proper backup strategy so that this doesn't happen again.

USAFRet

Titan
This was just from the raid controller , I was trying to see if I could assign the disks to the LD-1 but it did not give me an option to do so.
Stop 'assigning'.

Were there 3 or 4 physical drives?

A RAID 10, you can probably/maybe replace the failed one and it will rebuild.
Probably.

A RAID 0, not.

Again though...."I didn't make a backup" is a useless phrase.
The only way to protect your data is to do that all the time.

nuWf2r8.png

contro

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
Stop 'assigning'.

Were there 3 or 4 physical drives?

A RAID 10, you can probably/maybe replace the failed one and it will rebuild.
Probably.

A RAID 0, not.

Again though...."I didn't make a backup" is a useless phrase.
The only way to protect your data is to do that all the time.

nuWf2r8.png
Raid 10 and 4 disks. I didn't go through with the disk assignments because it only kept showing LD2 which to meant it was going to create a new logical disk which is not what I wanted.

contro

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
I did some searching and ReclaiMe Free picks up the disks as being part of the RAID 10 array but can't seem to recover any data from it.
83Nrmba.jpg

Also when I open computer management it picks up the 3 HD but wants me to initialize it.

SRUOVSr.jpg

What's the best way to backup or image the drives so that I might have a chance to recover the data?