Discussion Had a weird thing happen when installing graphics driver.

May 12, 2019
So i was using d3du to uninstall my nvidea drivers like usual. when it was finished I went to install the new updated nvidea driver. The weird thing is i no longer could download the "standard" version of the driver, i had to download the dch version. All my previous drivers were standard, online on the nvidea forums it was stated that you cant install a dch version over a standard yet this seems to be what happened. I attempted to play a few games, in doing so i couldnt find my native resolution listed in any of them, something was off. I restored my computer to before the removal. did the removal again, and when i did i was then able to install the standard version again. Never had this happen before.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Seems ddu done something different or different setting was picked. I rarely use ddu unless i have problems. The custom clean install in the Nvidia installer is usually sufficient.

Always get drivers from Geforce.com/drivers. Don't let Geforce Experience do it for you if you do it that way. If you do it this way it's possible ddu interfered somehow.

DCH driver is only for factory-built systems where the driver package is preinstalled by OEMs, hence available resolutions were wrong because the driver strictly speaking wasn't the correct one for your hardware. If you had used GeForce Experience for GPU driver update it would have downloaded the correct one.

Reactions: PC Tailor