Had an 8 core AMD Rig at one point in time ...

2-Point-O

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
I had an 8 core FX8300 AMD Rig, 20GB RAM 480GB SSD 2 x 240GB RAID config, and an all wonderful asus Piece of Crap GPU was an R9 280x 3GB. it died so I RMA'd it, not once, not Twice, but 3 freakin times. is currently back east getting "yeah right" replaced. they'll probly just send it back stating it was repaired.

Here's the deal, the first time it came back after the statement on the return invoice said "Garbage" I thought nothing of it as well asus are supposed to the professionals when repairing dead GPU's and re-installed it into my Rig.
Low and behold after re-installing current drivers it almost immediately went into artifact mode. (crapped out).
great, contact asus tech support, they in turn have it RMA'd at their expense shipping wise this time when its sent back, the return invoice states "No video output on any ports".
hesitant to re-install it in my Rig but I install it anyways cause its bin over a month and a ½ since I've had a good GPU!
Re-installed current up to date drivers downloaded from AMD.com. seems to be running fine until I load a game, have Razer Cortex running to optimize game play as it seems to or used to run games at a higher FPS than that of not running R-C. low and behold the game runs worse than that of running any current game on a Trident 1MB EISA video card. like utter crap!

I call up asus, long distance being that they don't have an 800 number for their garbage hardware product('s). this time I lose my sh*t cause now its bin over 2 months since I've had a good GPU. its gonna be well over oh I dunno 3 months before this 'might' get resolved
(lol, yeah right!) sent back this past Monday, waiting for asus to get in touch with me.

Now, my once 8 core Processor is now down to 6 cores, even the motherboard which at one point in time supported an 8 core proc and even the settings in the BIOS have decreased to 6 cores instead of the original 8 core settings.

would anyone or has anyone ever experienced shotty service from asus and have they ever had or experienced lose of cores after re-installing an apparent repair job from asus.

Haven't had any power outages so thats outta the question, I've reset this pig several times but know that doesn't lose cores off of a motherboard let alone a proc.

was wonderin if by chance asus sends back an crap GPU, if they are liable for damage caused by a product they were supposed to repair/replace.

I mean common, if or at least back when I was running a computer retail outlet. if the GPU had NO display output on ANY of the ports. That in itself is a sign the GPU is utter and complete garbage and well back in the day it would be replaced, NOT sent back stating it was repaired.
That is just weak.

needless to say, I'm finished with asus (in search for incredible, lmfao yeah well keep searching, cause ya haven't found it or are any where's near finding incredible)

Solution
To start, https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus shows 1-877-339-2787 as the line you are to be calling which is a toll free number.

I have personally not had any issues with Asus Support the three times ive used them. They were quite nice ( i used the online chat ). Nor have i had any issues with their products, Now to further assist you, We will need the make/modem of your motherboard and the BIOS version currently running.

Deformation

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
To start, https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus shows 1-877-339-2787 as the line you are to be calling which is a toll free number.

I have personally not had any issues with Asus Support the three times ive used them. They were quite nice ( i used the online chat ). Nor have i had any issues with their products, Now to further assist you, We will need the make/modem of your motherboard and the BIOS version currently running.

Solution