Question Had low FPS for a couple of weeks, then suddenly it's high again --- can someone explain what happened please ?

Jun 11, 2022
I couldn't figure out what's the problem well it started 2 weeks ago all my games were having much lower fps that it's supposed to like 30 fps lower and more fps drops and lag so I tried everything :

I tried different drivers with DDU
I removed my GPU and cleaned it and ram too
I ended up reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10

So nothing changed, fps still low for another 5 days I just gave up and figured out it's hardware problem but when I tried couple of games today everything was back to normal with high fps as supposed to be, so luckily I still have screenshots from before when I had the problem so here is a comparation for Kingdom Come Deliverance. In the first pic I was playing at the lowest possible settings resolution 1360*768 which is insanely low I'm supposed to get 60+ fps on these settings but I was only getting 7-14-25-28 max in empty areas and 7-15 in cities but today I'm getting good fps at 1920x1080 resolution, high-mid settings.

I5 7400
GTX 1050TI
8GB Ram

xxdRiF0.jpeg

Now
ZfWTvbG.jpg

Does anyone knows what might've been the issue ? I don't want it to happen again if I restart my pc or something

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2022
I don't know if 45w consumption is too low for gtx 1050ti when I didn't have the problem it uses 60-70w and the gpu usage varies but now it's stuck at 99-100% with low fps as opposed to before I was scoring high fps
doavQTT.jpg

Before
ZfWTvbG.jpg

I had this issue for couple of weeks and yesterday it was gone but after restart it's back again

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
I don't know if 45w consumption is too low for gtx 1050ti when I didn't have the problem it uses 60-70w and the gpu usage varies but now it's stuck at 99-100% with low fps as opposed to before I was scoring high fps
doavQTT.jpg

Before
ZfWTvbG.jpg

I had this issue for couple of weeks and yesterday it was gone but after restart it's back again
I have a feeling your 8GB RAM might be part of the issue, if it's a single channel stick that likes to kill performance, and also I see in your screenshots you're averaging 6.2-7.7GB + the other bit next to it (whatever that is) as capping out system RAM is a heavy bottleneck since it can't physically store any more info until it makes space.

TRENDING THREADS