Had to reformat HDD after B(lack)SOD; is it failing?

dizzmemess

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
So a few weeks ago I booted up my computer running W8 and was met with a black screen with nothing other than a mouse cursor. After trawling the web for days I couldn't fix the problem. Stuff like chkdsk and sfc scannow didn't work, trying to refresh or reformat said the drive was locked, system restore did nothing, etc.

In the end, I decided to just delete my entire system partition and reinstall W8 on it after backing up the data on another computer (where I could access the drive).

However just the other day when booting up the computer it was stuck on "Preparing Windows" with the loading circle. After a few restarts it would just show a black screen. So this time I deleted every partition on the drive and installed W8 again on it like new.

My question is: is this a problem related with my hard drive? I ran some tests as you can see in the file, but I don't know if this means it is close to failing or will fail again. Are there better ways to test? Do I need to get a new drive or am I safe for now?

O7ATj0j.png