HAF X USB front panel

saiyanwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
hi, i just built a computer and i was wonder is there a way for me to make my usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 in the front panel to work i got the usb 3.0 to work by plug in the blue cable in the black but my usb 2.0 doesnt work

my friend told me that i can either use usb 3 or my usb 2 i can only pick one

HAF X and motherboard p6x58d premium

Solution
The HAF X comes with the 2 blue usb 3.0 cables attached that you can convert to usb 2.0 with a cable that comes with the case. The 2 usb 2.0 ports on the front should already have a cable attached that plug into your MB header. It sounds like you might be missing that one. You should let Coolermaster know....maybe they'll send you one.

grumpp

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
You should have the 2 blue usb 3.0 cables that plug into the back and a usb 2.0 cable that plugs into your MB header coming off the front panel. I have the HAF X and that's what I have.

saiyanwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
wierd because i check my manual the front panel only have 2 port to plug in which i can only pick either usb 3 or usb 2 do i have to buy some kinda of spilte for extra usb in front panel

does ur usb in the front panel both work usb 3 n usb 2

grumpp

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
The HAF X comes with the 2 blue usb 3.0 cables attached that you can convert to usb 2.0 with a cable that comes with the case. The 2 usb 2.0 ports on the front should already have a cable attached that plug into your MB header. It sounds like you might be missing that one. You should let Coolermaster know....maybe they'll send you one.

Solution

saiyanwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
hey grumpp it mounts to the board but can u pull that wire in and out if you can please let me know i will go to microcenter and ask them for one or coolermaster or can i even buy one please let me know

saiyanwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

hey grumpp it mounts to the board but can u pull that wire in and out if you can please let me know i will go to microcenter and ask them for one or coolermaster or can i even buy one please let me know

chonduu

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
i am having the same problem but i could not have something plugged into the motherboard correctly.. my usb2.0 work fine on the front panel but the 3.0. I could not find a connection for the cable coming from the front except to the usb on the left of the motherboard.. I have a gigabyte x58a-ud3r motherboard ,