[SOLVED] Hair dryer

Oct 12, 2020
Is it ok to use hair dryer to dust off my case
I dont have access to blower or canned air thing atm since im in a hotel

Solution
Hair dryers are meant for drying hair. If you want to dust your case and you don't have access to a can of compressed air, either use a soft bristle paint brush(one's that painters use) or a blower or both. Make sure the case is disconnected from the wall and it's grounded to avoid any static build up. Do not make the fans move with the blower, they will generate power. Disconnecting them would be a good idea. Removing them would be better to get to those dirty/dusty areas.

Lutfij

Titan
Hair dryers are meant for drying hair. If you want to dust your case and you don't have access to a can of compressed air, either use a soft bristle paint brush(one's that painters use) or a blower or both. Make sure the case is disconnected from the wall and it's grounded to avoid any static build up. Do not make the fans move with the blower, they will generate power. Disconnecting them would be a good idea. Removing them would be better to get to those dirty/dusty areas.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would think a hair dryer on "cool" would be okay, though not sure how effective it would be. No worse than other things like vacuum cleaners. Not too often you see people using leaf blowers though.

I tend toward the manually dusting myself with brushes and/or cotton swabs with isopropyl alcohol for fan blades.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
This one is right, hair dryers are not built for such purposes and brushes that have soft bristles are ideal when compressed air is not an option.