Half-Life 2 Coming to Nvidia Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolestcarl

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Gordon would would whack Gabe Newell with the crowbar to remove the headcrab on his head, so he that he can finally finish Half-Life 3.

Early impressions of Portal on Nvidia's Shield have been quite favorable. Half-Life 2 should be no different, if not more friendly to gamers who aren't acquainted with the classic mouse/keyboard setup.

This saddens me. It is true that there are probably a large number of newer gamers who are not acquainted with M/KB setup and that is sad as that is the best way to experience FPS based games.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Early impressions of Portal on Nvidia's Shield have been quite favorable. Half-Life 2 should be no different, if not more friendly to gamers who aren't acquainted with the classic mouse/keyboard setup.

This saddens me. It is true that there are probably a large number of newer gamers who are not acquainted with M/KB setup and that is sad as that is the best way to experience FPS based games.

I agree. Trying to play any serious FPS with a gamepad is absolute crap vs a keyboard / mouse combo. The precision difference isn't even close. The only reason console players try to say otherwise is because their opponent is on a console as well. If a game was cross system, all console users would cry cheater and hacker to every PC user who can instantly headshot them on a consistent basis.

frelled

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Makes me wonder how many resources Valve spent in this conversion that should be used for FINISHING HALF LIFE 3! Jesus Valve, throw me a bone here.

Steam alone is worth something like $2 billion a year, I think they have plenty of money to throw around and I doubt this cost them that much as they ported HL2 to OpenGL a while ago. I doubt it took much to move over.

And they are working on HL3. Plenty of people have taken tours where there is always one room that is off limits to tours.

Also we need to consider that Source 2 was confirmed which means they probably went the route of a new game engine as Source is pretty old, even though it still looks good to me.

A very famous, established-a-company type game. Yep. I'd say it does.

You don't miss reporting on a celebrity when they come back after 10 years, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS