Half-Life 2 Launches on Mac With 1984 Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Lol!

[citation][nom]azz156[/nom]coo now hurry up with the linux version damit >.[/citation]

+1 because i also want Linux support (i dualboot and like Ubuntu :))

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I thought that, given the current state of Apple, the 1984 commercial was comically ironic.

The Valve version of this commercial is just kind of depressing. Valve has always been so encouraging of the open source and modding community... and now they're developing for Apple. If the FCC were to make a platform, it'd be the Mac.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I really should play HL already...
Oh looky looky, The Orange Box, $20.99. Thank you Steam. :) Some epic games for little more than the cost of a MW2 map pack...
Too bad I didn't get a second license for Portal. :(

I seem to be playing $10 games more than $50 games though. Maybe I'm just starting to dislike modern gaming...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I agree with the author, HL2 was the best straight out FPS ever. As far as FPS/RPG that goes to Fallout 3 and then Oblivion.

G

Isn't it better to play with bootcamp??? Because I have seen a test concerning Portal in wich we can see that performance are twice under Windows for the moment (maybe some optimization will arrive or Windows and DirectX are really better).
If someone know the impact of gaming in bootcamp... :)

Sorry for the errors (I'm not English)

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Lol!+1 because i also want Linux support (i dualboot and like Ubuntu )[/citation]

10.04 is too sweet is it not?

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I got the orange box for £10 ($14) about six months ago.

I just rechecked amazon, where I got it from and it's gone up in price!

sillyboy86

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I wish I had waited - this game would have looked awesome on my 21.5" iMac. I just bought the Orange Box at Walmart at $18 CDN for Xbox 360.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nicklasd87[/nom]cutting edge 2004 gaming for the Mac, something to get excited about I suppose...[/citation]
Cutting edge or not, it was an instant classic. Classics never die, no matter how old and outdated they may look compared to the newer cutting-edge stuff. Was a great game, still is a great game....

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
though i greatly appreciate the homage to one of the best commercials in all time being used here, they did a pretty piss poor job with the audio and the cross-cuts and shortening of it so much was atrocious, in general it was a poorly produced commercial, and another 10-15 seconds of video and better audio composition would not have dramatically increased the cost of development.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]matt_b[/nom]Cutting edge or not, it was an instant classic. Classics never die, no matter how old and outdated they may look compared to the newer cutting-edge stuff. Was a great game, still is a great game....[/citation] Oh, so true! I'm playing HL2 through again on my Mac (for free!) and it's as good as the first run was a few years back. Then there's Episodes 1 and 2 to re-do. Great fun and I can keep all my Mac background apps running whilst I play games...near computing Nirvana. Come on Valve, Microsoft is still haemorrhaging from XBox losses, so try harder at persuading those DirectX chumps to code in OpenGL and release simultaneously for all platforms.

G

Its funny because Apple forces a closed platform on its Ipad and Iphone, which are used for gaming. IRONY! KNEEL BEFORE JOBS!

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I really should play HL already...Oh looky looky, The Orange Box, $20.99. Thank you Steam. Some epic games for little more than the cost of a MW2 map pack...Too bad I didn't get a second license for Portal. I seem to be playing $10 games more than $50 games though. Maybe I'm just starting to dislike modern gaming...[/citation]

Ok cool but no one cares what you play stop talking about yourself. The purpose of comments is to talk about the article, not to tell everyone what you did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.