[SOLVED] half MB is dead ?

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
seems like big part of MB is dead, one day on board audio stopped working, have tried everything, reinstalled audio drivers from manufacturers website, tried Realtek, Windows update ... tried all on win7 .. win10 ...linux...
so got my self cheap sound card for test... not detected , hmm ok stuck in LAN card... not detected ... tried all 3 PCI slots...nothing
download manualy drivers for both cards, installed , restarted... nothing under devices, non existent, sound icon with red cross - no audio output devices installed
tried BIOS on and off on board sound, even tried primary graphics card>PCI
there is build in front audio jack on MB, but i have nothing to plug in there to test..

i have sound from my graphics card trough hdmi from monitor. other than that PC works fine...

so wanted to ask, can it happen so that on board audio + all PCI slots are "fried" but it`s not affects anything else ?

and any other options to test all that ?

MB : AsRock p67 pro3

Solution
Problem with P67 chipset , its motherboard connections, or it's drivers?

The CPU is essentially the north bridge now. The function of the north bridge is to handle communication between the CPU chip itself and with the memory bus and graphics bus (PCIe x16 & x8) controllers.

The separate chip for P67 controls the south bridge. The function of the south bridge is to handle communication between the north bridge and the peripheral buses (e.g. APM/ACPI (power management), PCI/PCIe x1 Bus, AC97/HDA (audio), SATA/USB/LAN ports, other devices).
Problem with P67 chipset , its motherboard connections, or it's drivers?

The CPU is essentially the north bridge now. The function of the north bridge is to handle communication between the CPU chip itself and with the memory bus and graphics bus (PCIe x16 & x8) controllers.

The separate chip for P67 controls the south bridge. The function of the south bridge is to handle communication between the north bridge and the peripheral buses (e.g. APM/ACPI (power management), PCI/PCIe x1 Bus, AC97/HDA (audio), SATA/USB/LAN ports, other devices).

Solution