Prominent
Jun 1, 2021
Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Rx570 4gb
2*4 DDR4 crucial
2*4 DDR4 skhinyx
B350 tomahawk

The problem begun when I swapped my mobo and processor (old ones gigabyte b350 gaming 3 Ryzen 3 2200g) I have 16gb of ram but windows says 8gb are hardware reserved

Things I've tried:
•limiting boot reserved memory
•Disabled igpu reserved memory (even though I don't have igpu)
•swaping ram slots

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Rx570 4gb
2*4 DDR4 crucial
2*4 DDR4 skhinyx
B350 tomahawk

The problem begun when I swapped my mobo and processor (old ones gigabyte b350 gaming 3 Ryzen 3 2200g) I have 16gb of ram but windows says 8gb are hardware reserved

Things I've tried:
•limiting boot reserved memory
•Disabled igpu reserved memory (even though I don't have igpu)
•swaping ram slots
Proper bios?

Reactions: UnderStatedShip

UnderStatedShip

Prominent
Jun 1, 2021
Is this a fresh Windows install or did you just slap your old one into the new motherboard?

Also, mismatched sticks on one motherboard may not get along on another one.
I don't think it's windows cause in the bios shows the same values I think it's the Miss matched ram cause I leave only the crucial one and the hardware reserved memory came back to normal. But yes I didn't do a fresh windows install

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I don't think it's windows cause in the bios shows the same values I think it's the Miss matched ram cause I leave only the crucial one and the hardware reserved memory came back to normal. But yes I didn't do a fresh windows install

This should be properly installed under any circumstances. One of the best ways to avoid problems in PC ownership is not cutting corners like this.

If there's still an issue, then you're probably out of luck. Only sticks that are sold together -- even ones sold as the same "model" -- are guaranteed to work together consistently.