Question Half of my ram is usable.

Oct 3, 2021
Hello everybody. Sorry for my bad english, but I have a problem for a while now.
So first of all I should start with my specifications - GTX 1080 EVGA SC, Ryzen 5 2600, msi B450M pro-m2 MAX motherboard, XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 memory 3200MHz (2x8GB) (It runs on 2667Mhz ), SSD 128, HDD 1TB, HEXA+ 500W power supply.
My problem - Only half of my ram is seen in bios (in windows only half of them are usable 16GB (7.93GB usable). Both sticks work (I even bought a second pair of ADATA ram sticks). In cpu-z it shows dual channel and both of the sticks are shown.
Strangest thing is that sometimes when I reseat and changing ram sticks like 25 times it shows that 16 gigs are available and it works perfectly fine, but when change or do something (like connecting ssd or exc.) it ruins everything and it does not work again. So yeah.. I can't enable xmp profiles (they're 2) because everytime i enable them my pc keeps restarting 2 times, and then cmos is reset (bios option(after 2 unsuccesful boots reset cmos)). But strangest thing is that i can't even do anything in bios, because everytime i change something, my pc won't be stable - keeps restarting 2 times and cmos is reseted. By the way, when PC is turning on after ram swap EZDebug lights show CPU led light, and then DRam, and then restarts, then restarts again,and then turns on. But sometimes It's just CPU light and restarts and no signal to display, no EZDebug led lights just all fans are spinning but no signal.
What I tried -
.Changing motherboard. (i went from msi A320M to Msi B450M)
.changing ram.
.changing msconfig.
. Virtual memory.
.xmp
. updating bios
.reseating cpu, ram, cooler.
. windows reinstall.
.memory diagnostic tool.
. checking cpu for bent pins ( Not a single bent or broken pin ) (I checked it like 40 times now )
What should I try? I'm very low on budget, can't buy another ryzen cpu to try out.
Thanks in advance.

logainofhades

Titan
First thing I am going to recommend is a better quality, and higher wattage PSU, before yours dies and takes your system with it. Did you verify that you are using the correct ram slots, the contacts were clean, and ram sticks are fully seated? Did you check each ram stick individually? Have tried a CMOS reset?

Oct 3, 2021
First thing I am going to recommend is a better quality, and higher wattage PSU, before yours dies and takes your system with it. Did you verify that you are using the correct ram slots, the contacts were clean, and ram sticks are fully seated? Did you check each ram stick individually? Have tried a CMOS reset?
Hello, thanks for your reply.
My motherboard has only 2 ram slots. Sometimes one ram stick works, sometimes it won't, I literally don't know why it acts like this, sometimes it boots to bios with that one stick, sometimes it wont.. I tried with 2 ram kits, both of them acts same..