Question Half of Ram reserved for hardware after shut down

Dec 19, 2019
Hey i hope someone can give me some tips on how to resolve the issue. I built my Pc 2 years ago with originally one Corsair LPX Vengeance 8gb . Recently i bought a second ram stick that's pretty much identical to the first one , with the only difference being the version written on them since 2 years have already passed. The issue i have is this, after installing the ram the pc recognizes it correctly as fully available 16 Gb Ram and even if i reboot there is no problem however after i shut down my pc, for example for the night when i boot it the next day i can see in the task manager that 16 Gb are installed but only 8 available with the other 8 Gb being hardware reserved. I tested the new Ram stick separately and it seems to work fine , even after shut down , it seems to not be a faulty one. I also can resolve the issue by simply re-placing the ram sticks in the slots or swapping their place and the pc again recognizes all the 16 Gb as available but again after shut down for longer period of time the issue reappears. I also changed their placement from 1-3 to 2-4 but is the same, 16 Gb available after freshly placing the ram in the mobo , 8 available + 8 hardware reserved after longer period of shutdown. My system is :
CPU - Ryzen 5 1500x
MOBO - Gygabyte Ab350 gaming 3
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666MHz , 2x8Gb
GPU - Recently updated from Geforce Gtx 1600 3GB to Rtx 2070 Super. The ram issue appeared with both GPUs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY