Half of the screen freezes, the other one works fine

Aug 13, 2018
Or almost fine. It updates the image, but it is very white, with distortion more resembling an analog tv than a computer screen. See the video:

https://youtu.be/KyA7-C6gYgM

Somewhat strange problem. The laptop works just fine for a week when I keep it at home. I adjust the screen to whatever position that satisfies me, put it on knees, restart it, no problems at all.

But if I close it, put in my backpack, go to some library and open it there, the problem appears. The problem can be removed, by knocking the laptop, adjusting the screen position. Once removed, it won't appear for weeks provided it stays indoors, open.

Do you think that's the problem with display cable? I have some doubt about it because parts of screen freeze, but don't stop showing image.

Solution
Could it be that it is being shaked outdoors causing the cable to occasionally disconnect? Time to dust it and open it to ensure that everything is properly connected. Also, please update your video card drivers.

PuperHacker

Honorable
Could it be that it is being shaked outdoors causing the cable to occasionally disconnect? Time to dust it and open it to ensure that everything is properly connected. Also, please update your video card drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS