[SOLVED] Half of the System's memory is Allocated to Hardware (Probably the GPU). I need to get that "Shared Memory" Back.

hny287

Commendable
Sep 12, 2018
Hello,
I have installed 4 x 16GBN Sticks on my Gigabyte AB-350M Motherboard. It is showing 64GB Cap but Usable memory is stuck at the half, i.e., 32GB. It shows the rest is Hardware Reserved.
I've done some searching online and I found out that the Graphics card is probably using that Memory. I've fired up dxdiag, And found out that to be true. There is freaking 16 GB allocated for that. I Think This is probably the reason.
I don't know where the rest of 16GB is going.
I am attaching Probably everything you need. Please help me out with this.

Google Drive Link

Solution
hi, gpu just takin 4GB ram (if that 4GB isnt dedicated, than its eating system ram)
as far as hardware reserved goes, your missing ram is simply not working, your bios cant train it as it appears u have 3 different sets of modules

2x A-Data in incorrect slots, use either slot#2 + slot #4 or slot#1 + slot#3
as for 1x samsung and 1x crucial mix...well there is pretty high chance that they wont pair up no matter what u do
hi, gpu just takin 4GB ram (if that 4GB isnt dedicated, than its eating system ram)
as far as hardware reserved goes, your missing ram is simply not working, your bios cant train it as it appears u have 3 different sets of modules

2x A-Data in incorrect slots, use either slot#2 + slot #4 or slot#1 + slot#3
as for 1x samsung and 1x crucial mix...well there is pretty high chance that they wont pair up no matter what u do

Solution

TRENDING THREADS