Half the sound is missing in all my games

Azurumi Shinji

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Windows 8.1, gtx 750 Ti (GPU) , gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ( motherboard), and astro headset.

I can hear half the sounds in all my games , but the other half is missing. I heard of no audio, but missing half of the audio on ALL my games? how is this possible?

Hello, i searched and could not find any one with my problem. I have windows 8.1 and i randomly had random sounds missing in ALL my games. for example when playing battlefield 4 i can hear half the sounds of a gun firing and when i drive a car i cant hear it drive. or like in league of legends i can hear the "launch" button sound ( like a whooshy thing ) but when i am in the menu selecting my game mode i cant hear the clicks. and every game i own is like this now and i have no idea why. I also have sounds missing in nosgoth (from steam).

I noticed i just got a update to my nvidia drivers , so i removed the new drivers and installed my old drivers that had HD audio drivers and stuff....but i still am having issues and i restarted my pc. i also went into my sound mixer and turned on all audio devices....

Any ideas?

Solution
front audio port from case is broke/loose..
the mobo is fine..

it's normal after some times of use.. it worse if it's cheap case haha...
some sells replacement but i don't think it worth it...

Azurumi Shinji

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I dont know how to answer that. In league i cant hear the menu clicks. but in smite ( also a MOBA) i CAN hear the menu clicks , but in smite i cant hear some sounds and the announcers voice and the characters voices sound muffle, like there under water but in every other game i cant hear the sounds at all if there missing.
It seems very random...

Azurumi Shinji

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
OK i found the issue. I fiddled with the headphone jack as it was plugged in my PC and at a certain sweet spot it sounds louder, crisper and all the sounds work. I had to wedge a flash drive to make it bend back a little to keep it working. Sooo...what is broken? and how do i fix this issue properly? I am guessing i need to replace something = (

rdc85

Honorable
the jack port becoming loose??
i don't think any cure for it, only can try work around ways like what u already doing
(find the best spot), u can try another headphone but no guaranty it will not have same problem..

edit: new usb/wireless/bt headphone may be options..

rdc85

Honorable
are you connecting it via back of case (motheboard backplate) or via upside or front side of case (front audio)

forgot most case have front audio, u can try insert it to green audio plug/port/socket in back of case (mobo) or
try using one that at front/upside of case (same color green audio port/plug/socket)..

Azurumi Shinji

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I am using the front/top port. But i tried the back port and it works perfectly fine....except for the fact my cord is barely long enough and its awkward....but oh well. I got a longer cable at home, be there in a couple weeks. So basically my motherboards audio slot broke on the front side?

rdc85

Honorable
front audio port from case is broke/loose..
the mobo is fine..

it's normal after some times of use.. it worse if it's cheap case haha...
some sells replacement but i don't think it worth it...

Solution

Azurumi Shinji

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Thank you very much, and yea it was a cheap case, as i was on a tight budget and i just had it built like 1 month ago about -_-