[SOLVED] Half usable ram

Mar 17, 2022
I have 64 gb of ram installed and can only use 32, I've tried reseting the cards( brand new) tried msconfig and the computer sees all the ram but i can't use it, what am i doing wrong
Device name DESKTOP-0SOAA1I
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (32.0 GB usable)

Solution
So, then you're using two different 32 GB sets, correct? There's no guarantee that sticks that aren't sold together will work together. Now, similar RAM will usually work together, but not always. Identically branded RAM is not actually identical to other RAM sticks of the same branding. Technically, no two sticks of RAM are identical, but ones that are sold together are at least tested to work together.
In addition to which, it's off-brand memory, that in all these years, I've never even heard of. Plus, it's being run on a low end chipset board, on a Ryzen generation KNOWN to not work well with more than two DIMMs and especially not at high speeds over 2933mhz AND likely isn't Ryzen favorable memory chips on it...
Mar 17, 2022
Full hardware specs? Including exact model numbers for CPU, motherboard, EXACT power supply model, EXACT memory kit model (And whether there is more than one memory kit or DIMMs that did not come together in ONE kit), motherboard BIOS version, etc.
cpu AMD Ryzen 7 2nd Gen - RYZEN 7 2700 Pinnacle Ridge (Zen+) 8-Core 3.2 GHz
Ram x2 LEVEN SINBA 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-A320MA-M.2 (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD A320 SATA 6Gb/s
bios build according to cdm F31

DSzymborski

Titan
So, then you're using two different 32 GB sets, correct? There's no guarantee that sticks that aren't sold together will work together. Now, similar RAM will usually work together, but not always. Identically branded RAM is not actually identical to other RAM sticks of the same branding. Technically, no two sticks of RAM are identical, but ones that are sold together are at least tested to work together.

Reactions: KyaraM and lynx1021
Mar 17, 2022
And i assume there's no way to make it work?

In addition to which, it's off-brand memory, that in all these years, I've never even heard of. Plus, it's being run on a low end chipset board, on a Ryzen generation KNOWN to not work well with more than two DIMMs and especially not at high speeds over 2933mhz AND likely isn't Ryzen favorable memory chips on it which is almost a necessity if you want to run four DIMMs of high speed memory on 2nd Gen Ryzen platforms.

Try both sets, separately, with just two DIMMs from one set, installed in the A2 and B2 slots. If it works, and shows 32GB, great. Shut down, take them out, put the other set in the same slots and see if they work. Report back.

Solution
It's off-brand memory and check out a review on NewEgg " Overall Review: The first sample of these I got was perfect no problems whatsoever, every sample afterwards had some kind of issue ranging from system freezes, heat spreaders missing screws, and DIMMs just flat out not working. I have had these units replaced 3 times before getting a set that worked and even then the heat spreader was missing a screw. The one thing keeping this from being a perfect review is their QC issues, please be aware of this before buying. " Have you installed the latest chipset driver? Here is the support site here:https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320MA-M2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset
They have the tested memory lists for your board also. Their are different one for different processors. The list for your CPU is here:https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...nnacle.pdf?v=760140b1ea3995c3901b4c188c4f3ba5
You can run memtest 86 2-sticks at a time to see if they are bad or not!