[SOLVED] Half white screen with different colours of lines

afsalabu43

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
My pc display showing half white screen after sometime of use.i dont know what whats wrong. Screen has white and some kind some different colours lines mixing with it.only half portion rest working normal.

Solution
I only turned on the monitor and after sometime this problems comes.i think its not gpu problem.indont know anything wrong with cable
Then it may be a problem with the actual port on the GPU. I wouldn’t go get a new GPU now, maybe test the cable and monitor first before resorting to getting a whole new gpu or replacing the port on it. Honestly, my thought is that it’s just the monitor. I wouldn’t thing that a GPU would produce lines after a while, although it could. So yeah, test your monitor and cables, then come back and ask if you are having more problems.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling with the latest drivers for your GPU, off of manufacturer's site? Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
It could be a problem with your cord or whatever. Like hdmi or dvi cord, whichever you use. It could also be the actual part you plug it into (I forget what it’s called) try to test your monitor on a deferent pc to see if that makes it work, if that works, it could be something with the gpu or dvi/hdmi port

afsalabu43

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
It could be a problem with your cord or whatever. Like hdmi or dvi cord, whichever you use. It could also be the actual part you plug it into (I forget what it’s called) try to test your monitor on a deferent pc to see if that makes it work, if that works, it could be something with the gpu or dvi/hdmi port
I only turned on the monitor and after sometime this problems comes.i think its not gpu problem.indont know anything wrong with cable

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Then it may be a problem with the actual port on the GPU. I wouldn’t go get a new GPU now, maybe test the cable and monitor first before resorting to getting a whole new gpu or replacing the port on it. Honestly, my thought is that it’s just the monitor. I wouldn’t thing that a GPU would produce lines after a while, although it could. So yeah, test your monitor and cables, then come back and ask if you are having more problems.

Solution