Hall effect sensor 133030-011 replacement?

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for Atari 133030-001 hall effect
sensor? I have a super nice hall effect stick that has a broken sensor..

Thanks!

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

Looking through Google, I found that Clay Cowgill and Jess Askey discussed
this back in 1997 - the concensus was that a TI TL-173 was a suitable
replacement for the Atari 133030-001 hall effect sensor. I can't seem to
locate these online - any of you electronics guys have any ideas where to
find these?

Thanks!

--

> Looking through Google, I found that Clay Cowgill and Jess Askey discussed
> this back in 1997 - the concensus was that a TI TL-173 was a suitable
> replacement for the Atari 133030-001 hall effect sensor. I can't seem to
> locate these online - any of you electronics guys have any ideas where to
> find these?

I found this online:

http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Parts/Hall-Effect.htm

Never ordered from them. Looks like Rochester Electronics might have some
in process with an 18wk leadtime, but they will likely *not* be cheap. ;-)

-Clay

Clay Cowgill wrote:
> "Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Looking through Google, I found that Clay Cowgill and Jess Askey discussed
>>this back in 1997 - the concensus was that a TI TL-173 was a suitable
>>replacement for the Atari 133030-001 hall effect sensor. I can't seem to
>>locate these online - any of you electronics guys have any ideas where to
>>find these?
>

> I found this online:
>
> http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Parts/Hall-Effect.htm
>
> Never ordered from them. Looks like Rochester Electronics might have some
> in process with an 18wk leadtime, but they will likely *not* be cheap. ;-)
>
> -Clay

I have a few NOS sensors left. Not cheap, but I have them

-Stephen

Thanks Clay - I also found that site - I sent an email off - we'll see....

--

"Clay Cowgill" <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Looking through Google, I found that Clay Cowgill and Jess Askey
>> discussed
>> this back in 1997 - the concensus was that a TI TL-173 was a suitable
>> replacement for the Atari 133030-001 hall effect sensor. I can't seem to
>> locate these online - any of you electronics guys have any ideas where to
>> find these?
>
> I found this online:
>
> http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Parts/Hall-Effect.htm
>
> Never ordered from them. Looks like Rochester Electronics might have some
> in process with an 18wk leadtime, but they will likely *not* be cheap. ;-)
>
> -Clay

Guess I should note that if anyone has a non working hall effect stick that
has an intact PCB attached to it, I'd sure be interested in it. :)