Halo, Halo2 For PC?, Jade Empire? Future Action News for PC?

Susan

I'm going to try Halo again on the PC if I can find a good walkthrough
and/or cheats that include a god mode and ammo that work in version 1.06.
Any recommendations? Thanks.

Will M$ be releasing a Halo2 PC version? ...Before the Xbox2? Will the
Xbox2 play Xbox titles--downward compatible?

Any news on whether Jade Empire will ever release for the PC?

Care to speculate on how many years of PC gaming is left or will it expand
into needing a Xbox2 _and_ PS3 too?

Thanks.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 02:34:39 GMT, Susan <UCE@null.invalid> wrote:

>Will M$ be releasing a Halo2 PC version? ...Before the Xbox2? Will the
>Xbox2 play Xbox titles--downward compatible?
>
>Any news on whether Jade Empire will ever release for the PC?

Doubtful. Unless it comes out for PC right away, you'll need to grab an
X-Box to play the game.

>Care to speculate on how many years of PC gaming is left

This is an old topic, and the answer is obvious. PC gaming will not die as
long as Microsoft Windows includes a copy of minesweeper.

Susan

bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote:

>This is an old topic, and the answer is obvious. PC gaming will not die as
>long as Microsoft Windows includes a copy of minesweeper.

I don't feel resigned to keeping my Desktop PC for Minesweeper.

I suspect in one or two years I will still have my Laptop for general
Internet usage with an Xbox2 and PS3 hooked up to my HDTV for all the
serious gaming.

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
>>Care to speculate on how many years of PC gaming is left

Until the FPS, sims and so on can be played better on a console, plenty.

noman

Susan wrote:

> Any news on whether Jade Empire will ever release for the PC?

The developers dropped some hints a while back that the PC version
of Jade Empire is not improbable.

I think, it'll be out next year. There's an enhanced version of
Fable (another XBox RPG) coming out this year.

> Care to speculate on how many years of PC gaming is left or will it expand
> into needing a Xbox2 _and_ PS3 too?

I'd say PC gaming is going great. More important question for me is that
how many years of gaming is left in my ever increasing backlog. I don't
think, I can get it under control in my lifetime.

By the way here are the quality titles that were released in last few
months, making the period from 2004 up to present, one of very best
PC gaming has ever had.

Silent Hunter 3
Richard Burns Rally
Trackmania Sunrise
Half-Life2
Painkiller
FarCry
Warhammer
Psychonauts
Rome: Total War
Sims2 (not a big game for me but...)
Guild Wars
Silent Storm
Riddick
Pirates!
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Thief:Deadly Shadows etc. etc.

and then the upcoming games that might come out this year..

Half Life 2 : Aftermath
Indigo Prophecies
Dreamfall (Longest Journey sequel)
FEAR
STALKER
Gothic 3
Company of Heroes
Age of Empire 3
Rise of Legends (from the "Rise of Nations" folks)
Civilization 4
GTA:San Andreas
Quake 4
Advent Rising (story written by Orson Scott Card)
Fable
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (John Romero and Josh Sawyer.. project leads)

--
Noman