Walkthrough Halo Infinite Video Walkthrough on Legendary (No Upgrades, Grapple Only)

As promised, this will be my Legendary mode walkthrough of Halo Infinite. I will not be upgrading any of the Abilities, in fact I'll only be using the base level Grappleshot. No upgraded Core Shield, and no use of the Threat Sensor, Wall Drop shield, or Thruster to dodge with. These will be posted 3 missions at a time. The first 3 are Banished Warship Gbraakon, Foundation, and Outpost Tremonius. I will be using only one skull, the one called IWHBYD, which stands for "I would have been your daddy", a line of dialogue from the original game. It basically just adds rare, humorous dialogue for Grunts, but IMHO, it really helps get me through the difficulty of such a project. This is no experiment though, as I have already beaten the game via this same challenge. The only difference now, is trying to do it with as seamless capture as possible, which means minimizing deaths, quite hard to do.

Banished Warship Gbraakon

This is basically the prologue, which takes you inside an enemy ship where you're tasked with disabling a stasis beam that the enemy has your dropship caught in. It has just one tough battle in an area with multiple Brutes and a Brute Captain. The Brute Captain can be tough one on one, but there are many ways in this large room you can lose him, and sneak up on him.

Foundation

This is a fairly long level, and I was experiencing some graphical glitches in my ShadowPlay Instant Replay capture, so I switch to manual record. As a result, I used Mission Restart from quite a ways into the mission, and started with different weapons than I had at the beginning. It wasn't an advantage though, because the Plasma Rifle can be picked up off the Elite that attacks you at the start, and the Skewer, despite not being available yet where I first used it, was not really as good there as a Stalker Rifle, which IS available before then. I am now making sure I set aside Mission Start checkpoint saves, in case I need to manually reload them.

I found ways to quickly dash through a couple places at the start, which can otherwise be a struggle to deal with. The boss fight at the end is difficult though, but I may have done better had I saved a Hardlight energy canister to use on him vs the plasma one I was left with.

Outpost Tremonius

This is just a large FOB taken over by aforementioned boss Tremonius that you have to take back. It has mostly Jackals and Grunts, but also some Elites and an Elite Major. There are many opportunities to snipe from a distance here.

Last edited:
Nice walkthrough videos. This game looks interesting. I'm waiting desperately to play this HALO title, but first I need compete my previous backlog of games. This game looks more interesting than previous titles like halo 3 and 4, gameplay wise.

Though this game will run horribly on my RX 480 GPU since it is kind of demanding on the hardware, as far as I'm concerned. But I always reduce some of the settings.

Nice walkthrough videos. This game looks interesting. I'm waiting desperately to play this HALO title, but first I need compete my previous backlog of games. This game looks more interesting than previous titles like halo 3 and 4, gameplay wise.

Though this game will run horribly on my RX 480 GPU since it is kind of demanding on the hardware, as far as I'm concerned. But I always reduce some of the settings.
Thanks, yeah it's easily the best Halo IMO, but opinions vary. Some are upset that there is only one biom, and that the game can look samey both indoors and out, but it has enough variety to me, and I've always liked rugged terrain maps with mostly sunny skies. Besides that, you are usually so preoccupied with getting past or dealing with enemies, there's little time to notice any environment shortcomings. The grapple itself makes navigating the terrain and combat a blast too.

I got two more missions captured and edited last night, and both are pretty long. Actually it's 3 missions technically, but one is just a 1 minute FOB retake called Recovery, and it completes when you rescue a Spartan captured and held at The Tower, which is a full mission, and Excavation Site (which is the entrance to Conservatory) is the next. So I've downed 3 bosses so far.

The next mission, Conservatory, has some pretty tough fights, with a total of 3 Chieftans and a pair of cloaked elites, but an easy boss at the end. I was proud of myself for getting about a half hour into Recovery and The Tower missions with no deaths, nearly all the way to the boss at the end of The Tower, only to stupidly carry a shock energy canister in a foggy hallway leading to him, when a damn shielded grunt shot me with a simple shock pistol called a Disrupter, which insta killed me. You can't take anything for granted on Legendary, especially with base level shields.

I just installed the new GeForce 511.23 driver in hopes I could use the new DLDSR it has, which I've read looks better at same frame rate, but it only works with RTX cards unfortunately. I'm hoping I can get the next set of 3 missions posted sometime tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll have them ready by then.

Last edited:
Here's the next set of 3 missions. This set includes Recovery and The Tower, which I counted as 1 mission due to Recovery being very short combat wise and it's objective completing as part of The Tower. The other two are Excavation Site and Conservatory.

Recovery/The Tower

These two missions overlap, which is part of the reason why I counted them as 1. The objectives start out as recapturing a FOB and investigating a UNSC signal, then becomes infiltrating and investigating the goings on inside The Tower. The FOB battle is very short, as is the trip to The Tower. The Tower is made much easier by first taking on some perimeter Grunts, and a few regular Brutes and a Jackal Sniper, then releasing a couple UNSC captives. Before going in, sniping as many enemies as you can from the perimeter wall, including a Brute Captain and a couple Brute Majors that spawn when you get in the area of the grav lift control, helps a lot before taking your 2 troops inside. Once inside, after mopping up a few enemies left, there are 3 more UNSC captives to free, which makes the battle ahead against some Brute Berzerkers, Brute Majors, and a Brute Captain, a lot easier after unlocking and activating the grav lift.

The final phase of the mission is to ascend the tower once taking the grav lift up, which is a forced solo segment, as your UNSC squad mates cannot follow you up the lift, fighting your way through some dark, foggy corridors, then taking on a boss called Chak 'Lok. Chak 'Lok is an Elite Warmaster, and your first significant battle against a cloaked enemy. Besides this, he wields an Energy Sword, Plasma Pulse Carbine, and Plasma Grenades. He can also leap at great distances with his sword attacks. That said, there are key ways to deal with him. The first is using the many shock canisters available and your Shock Grenades to momentarily shock stun him, which also removes his cloak and makes him visible. The 2nd is to keep moving to grab another shock canister, then look for him. It is FAR easier to do this if you stop in a place with fog in front of you, as it reveals the edge of his silhouette. Lastly, using your grapple to quickly dodge his long leaps is imperative. This boss cannot regen his shield though, and once it's down, he is not hard to kill. So saving a powerful weapon for when his shield is down works well.

Excavation Site

This mission is a bit longer than The Tower part of the last 2-in-1 mission, and made to feel even longer due to the long distance to get to it. I opted to grapple there on foot with stealth, as traveling via vehicle only gets you noticed more by enemies out on the road and gunships in the air. I momentarily mistook the Forge of Teash enemy outpost as the excavation site, but avoided conflict.

Once at the Excavation Site, the place is empty, but once you get near the entrance of the Conservatory being excavated, the huge excavation machine becomes active, blocking your path, as several Brutes (Berzerkers, Snipers, and a Captain) spawn. I then immediately head to a nearby ammo hut with a Ghost inside, which is to the right if dropping down to the Conservatory entrance from the cliff above it, then stay inside the hut with it and take out as many Brutes and Brute Berzerkers as I can.

I then drive it farther to the right and take out the two Shade Turrets, which makes the next phase FAR easier. After mopping up the few Brutes left, which includes a Brute Major and Brute Captain, I take the grav lift up to the huge control room area. The excavation machine will not deactivate, as you are then tasked with raising the cooling pylons and destroying them. Of course once getting near the controls on ground to do so, more Brute Berserkers and Majors spawn, as well as Jackal and Brute Snipers. Here's where things can really get tricky, as it's easy to get caught off guard by the snipers if you head to the pylons too quickly. I try to take out as many as I can from a distance from the cover of the control room building, and it's also a good high vantage point to access most of the area.

Once all pylons are destroyed, it's just a matter of shutting down the excavation machine. Of course it's not that simple you see, as the Boss of the area, Bassus, a Brute Chieftan wielding a Gravity Hammer and being able to leap attack at pretty good distance, is there to stop you. Fortunately if you prepare well for the battle with a simple step before taking the grav lift up, you can take him out very quickly. There is an ammo hut in front of the aforementioned Conservatory entrance just to the right of it as your facing the excavated entrance, which contains a Scrap Cannon, one of the most powerful weapons in the game. It's helpful however to stash it in a spot where you'll have good distance from Bassus, or a structure blocking him from you, when you pick it up. This weapon has just enough ammo to take down his shield and all of his health, but may require walking backward as you fire at him to keep your distance.

Conservatory

This is easily the biggest mission thus far. Granted, I may have added a few minutes backtracking to ammo dispensers, and retreating to use a turret weapon to soften up Brutes from a distance at one point, but even without that, it's definitely the longest mission yet. This is all indoors in a giant set of corridors and rooms the Banished are investigating. It has some areas with the usual suspects mentioned before, but where it gets interesting is the final two battle areas. The first of which, I used to loath, but now love. It's a big room with a ziggurat in the middle, two jump pads that can send you flying across the room at opposite sides, and an outer upper area if you wish to snipe.

Taking cover or moving fast is key, as this battle has waves of Skimmers that spawn. I opt to use cover only intermittently in between grappling and using the jump pads, as lingering too long behind it gives the Skimmers time to get to you or spread out, making them harder to kill. They also carry Shock Rifles and once they start drawing a bead on you, WILL hit and often kill you on Legendary with no shield upgrades unless you get behind cover. They've even killed me WHILE flying fast in the air after using a jump pad. My main tactic is to carry in an explosive kinetic energy canister, and toss it at the middle one of the first 3 that spawn, killing all 3. I then grapple immediately toward one of the jump pads, crouch behind one of the low walls near it as my shield regens, grapple grab a hardlight energy canister, then use the jump pad and toss the canister down at them. If you're quick and catch them shortly after the next wave spawns, they are grouped near the top of the ziggurat.

I discovered an even better tactic is to grab one of the Cindershot weapons, which are on racks near the jump pads, as well as a hardlight canister, and toss and shoot. The Cindershot is a hardlight grenade launcher, which can take out clusters of Skimmers with a good shot. It's also possible with a little practice to turn 180 in air and get in a 2nd shot after passing by them. The last wave of enemies includes some White Skimmers that are more accurate at aiming and carry UNSC Commando rifles, and a Brute Captain. This time the end of this fight was quite a thrill, vs something I used to dread, as by then I had gotten pretty good at using the Cindershot. It's also a weapon that results in some nice effects.

Lastly, the final fight is a large room with two Scrap Canon wielding Brute Chieftans. I may have taken more risk than necessary trying to take the first one down via entering the room, grapple grabbing a kinetic energy canister, and waiting from cover for him to pass by two other canisters, as I tossed the one I grabbed at him. I had hoped to take him down there by then shock stunning him with a shock grenade, then tossing all my other nades, and using my Cindershot and Sentinel Beam on him. This resulted in more than one death. As that cover spot was also a checkpoint I kept respawning at, I decided to try picking up the Needler there, and using it to break down his armor after shock grenading him. The Needler however didn't have much ammo, so I traversed over to another weapon pickup, a UNSC Assault Rifle, which I quickly realized wasn't going to cut it. I then realized I was better off retreating to the room I had entered the area from, picking up a Plasma Pulse Carbine along the way.

The strategy was to use the cover of that room, while taking out the 1st Chieftan, whom I had killed on my prior test playthrough that way as he came after me. He even stayed outside the doorway, making it easier. This way there's zero risk of drawing the other Chieftans's fire, and it's not hard to duck out from cover of the narrow doorway quickly to get in headshots safely. It really probably was best to first wear down his armor in the big room, even if a bit risky, because otherwise one Plasma Pulse Carbine may not have enough ammo to kill one of them. There IS a Ravenger in that room left by a Brute Major you have to kill there, which you can use to wear him down further with, which I did, but still there was just enough Plasma Pulse Carbine ammo to finish him off, and trying to go outside the door to grab the other one would be quite risky. All you need do then is pick up his Scrap Canon, and carefully look for his buddy. One of the plusses of retreating to that prior room, as long as you don't fire on the other Chieftan and lure him there as well, is the 2nd Chieftan will generally be idle somewhere after killing the 1st. What you want to do is use a big structure as body cover, as you use your Scrap Canon (which Chief carries low to his right side), to nip away at the 2nd Chieftan, while circling backwards clockwise around it. Since the Chieftans also carry the Scrap Canon slung low to their right side, this keeps you shielded from their fire, and the 2nd one goes down pretty quickly.

BTW, this mission also has some nasty cloaked enemies, an Elite Warmaster, and a pair of Spec Ops Elites that attack you simultaneously. There's also a pair of regular Hunters (thank God they don't cloak). My last play through I discovered a neat trick to locating the Elite Warmaster in this mission when he's cloaked, as well as the White Elite at the start of the final mission in the game. Since there is no fog to see their silhouette in, the slightly reflective floor surface offers just barely enough of a faint reflection of them. It's much harder than spotting them in fog, and I'm not sure it even makes sense you can see this this way, but it can help, and IMO is a great gameplay tactic it appears the devs made possible. Of course what is sometimes even better is knowing what spots they shoot from and take cover, and listening to their voice. It's not hard to see where their projectiles are coming from as they fire, so this is not as hard as it seems. The Spec Ops Elites I just immediately toss a Shock and other nades in the door they approach from as soon as it opens. The floor here is reflective too, so even if one survives the blasts, he can be shot down quickly as you see his reflection coming at you. The Hunters are best dealt with using nades and the Ravenger available in the far left corner of the room.

Last edited:
Damn, you are pretty fast at Gaming. Cool game, and no doubt you are a pro gamer as well ! Btw, how many missions are actually there in this game ? I just want to know the Single player/story campaign length, but obviosuly you haven't finished the game yet, so I'm going to assume similar gameplay length as Halo 4/3. ?

I also read somewhere that the game also has Side Missions as well, which the player can complete. But we can't REPLAY any of the campaign missions ??

EDIT: never mind, I think there are a total of 14 main missions, though some sites are reporting as 16.

https://www.theloadout.com/halo-infinite/missions

https://stevivor.com/guides/many-missions-halo-infinite/

On top of all the main missions there are a number of side objectives to complete.
  • 12 FOB Bases
  • 7 Banished Outposts
  • 20 USNC Distress Calls
  • 15 High-Value Targets

Last edited:
Damn, you are pretty fast at Gaming. Cool game, and no doubt you are a pro gamer as well ! Btw, how many missions are actually there in this game ? I just want to know the Single player/story campaign length, but obviosuly you haven't finished the game yet, so I'm going to assume similar gameplay length as Halo 4/3. ?

I also read somewhere that the game also has Side Missions as well, which the player can complete. But we can't REPLAY any of the campaign missions ??

EDIT: never mind, I think there are a total of 14 main missions, though some sites are reporting as 16.

https://www.theloadout.com/halo-infinite/missions

https://stevivor.com/guides/many-missions-halo-infinite/

On top of all the main missions there are a number of side objectives to complete.
  • 12 FOB Bases
  • 7 Banished Outposts
  • 20 USNC Distress Calls
  • 15 High-Value Targets
Thanks, but you should see TheSeraphim17's walkthrough if you think I'm fast, Even on Legendary with no shield upgrades, that guy can seriously chain together headshots really well.

As far as number of story missions, technically there are 16, but since the Banished Warship Gbraakon, Recovery, and Spire missions only total less than 30 min of gameplay, it feels more like 14. The ones that list only 14 though aren't even mentioning Conservatory, which is DEFINITELY a major mission.

Halo Infinite feels like the longest campaign of all Halo games to me, especially if you do all the side missions. Between recapturing FOBs, taking Banished Outposts, killing HVTs, and UNSC Rescues, there are a total of 54 side missions.

HowLongToBeat.com confirms this as well. They're an aggregate service of reported play times by players. They put Halo Infinite's Main Story and Side Mission content (Main + Extra) at 18 hrs. The next closest is Halo 5: Guardians at 13 hrs Main + Extra. Main Story wise it's also a bit longer, at 10.5 hrs, the next closest is Halo: Combat Evolved at 10 hrs.

https://howlongtobeat.com/#search

Last edited:
Here I have the next set of 3 missions, which include Spire, Pelican Down, and The Sequence.

Spire

This is a pretty short mission, especially if you fast track it via mostly stealth to the Spire. I find on Legendary, it only unnecessarily drains your ammo, and can complicate the battle to get into the Spire if you get tangled up in battles with enemies in the outlying area, especially since it can result in stragglers following you there.

Once at the plaza at the base of the Spire, there are 2 Hunters you need to kill. This can be done relatively quickly if you toss the many types of volatile energy coils lying around at them, as well as grab the Needler and Skewer on the weapons racks to break their armor and get in head shots. I missed one headshot with the skewer, but they went down in a little over 2 min.

Once in the Spire after activating and taking the grav lift up, you are met by an orb shaped hovering "monitor", which escorts you through the place. Once at the main control panel, when he learns you're there to shut the facility down, he hops into a hovering battle droid with 4 arms becoming Adjutant Resolution, the 4th boss of the game.

The 1st phase he fires kinetic rounds at you from his arms, so you need to destroy each of them. He is stunned momentarily after destroying each one, allowing extra damage to his central eye. In phase 2 he has a powerful laser blast from his eye, plus an even more dangerous hardlight ground effect that looks like cluster grenades.

You can easily die from this ground effect even if behind cover if you are too close. Other than that, Adjutant Resolution is one of the easiest bosses in the game. Since this mission is so short, I decided to capture the cutscene after this battle, making it pretty balanced in 3 even parts of travel, battle, and cutscene.

Pelican Down

This had the feel of a long mission, but was shorter than I thought it would be. You have to take out 3 huge anti-aircraft guns, which are spaced a ways apart. That said, after I developed a working strategy using a Ghost, I had hopes of getting it done with no deaths. I finally settled for a 4 death result, with no deaths on the final phase, the toughest by far.

The real tricks to getting through this mission are, 1) making your Ghosts last, and 2) knowing where to grab another Ghost or Warthog. Ghosts aren't as durable as a Warthog, but when you consider you are stationary and vulnerable when switching to the gunner seat of the Warthog, Ghosts can more easily avoid damage with their maneuverability.

One option is having a freed captive man the Warthog turret, but with all the snipers in the area, and the fact that there's not much smooth ground to circle around on, you're better off going it alone in a Ghost. The key thing is knowing where enemies are, where you can take cover, and when to fire from a distance to avoid damage.

When I got back to the boss fight with Tovarus and Hyperius, I DID have a fresh Ghost I just grabbed nearby, but after getting a bit too impatient trying to finish off Hyperius via strafing back and forth with it, I ran into him with boost. This did more damage, but also set my Ghost a bit aflame. It was only because I drove a very cautious back route to the other end of the area, took cover carefully from a distance while taking on Tovarus, and managed to spot approaching foot troops in time to take cover or kill them, that I was able to do this fight with one Ghost.

The Sequence

Now this IS a long mission. It basically involves visiting 4 beacons to get a sequence to enter into the Command Spire, which you find at the start of this mission won't activate without it. This mission can be made a LOT shorter by hijacking a Banshee, which the game not only introduces early on in this mission, but makes a point of dangling them in front of you quite often. You are also FAR better off saving them vs subjecting them to too much damage dog fighting or attacking ground troops, otherwise another may not fly by come time to head a LONG ways to the next objective.

I went to the closest beacon just to the East first, then the North one, the South one, and the one to the far West last, which is by far the hardest, as it is guarded by 2 Hunters, and several Elites, including a Red one and a White one. At the end the Banshee is best taken ALL the way to the Command Spire entrance. If not you have to activate the bridge to get to it, where you will be faced with 2 more Hunters, 2 Berserkers, an Elite, Jackals and Grunts, not to mention any enemies at the nearby FOB whom may hear the goings on and join in, including a Brute Captain.

So I made the trip to the Command Spire entrance in a Banshee, but got shot down just before getting there, in a dogfight I thought I had a better chance engaging in than running from. I narrowly avoided a death fall into a chasm by grappling a ledge just in time, then grappled up to a hex pillar, and managed to successfully lure then hijack the Banshee manned Elite that shot my plane down. Oh the grin on my face when I got my payback.

There's one last battle at the entrance of the Command Spire, where they call in reinforcements including a White and regular Elite, and some Jackals and Grunts, but I managed to save as much ammo as I could tossing energy coils, a Shock Grenade (White Elite), and using melee. Had I realized though there WAS in fact a Kinetic ammo dispenser in that area ( I mean I was even facing it at one point at the start of the mission while dealing with enemies), I'd have been able to shoot more and go into the next mission with full BR 75 ammo. DOH!

Last edited:
Between recapturing FOBs, taking Banished Outposts, killing HVTs, and UNSC Rescues, there are a total of 54 side missions.

HowLongToBeat.com confirms this as well. They're an aggregate service of reported play times by players. They put Halo Infinite's Main Story and Side Mission content (Main + Extra) at 18 hrs. The next closest is Halo 5: Guardians at 13 hrs Main + Extra. Main Story wise it's also a bit longer, at 10.5 hrs, the next closest is Halo: Combat Evolved at 10 hrs.

https://howlongtobeat.com/#search
That's awesome, thanks for the info ! 54 side missions sounds kind of fun. This game will definitely keep me busy for days, lol.

Btw, I will try to watch TheSeraphim17's walkthrough videos as well. Never gone through any of his gameplay videos before though. But to avoid any spoilers, I will first try to beat the game by myself, and then go through your walkthrough videos, as well other YouTubers like TheSeraphim17'etc.

That's awesome, thanks for the info ! 54 side missions sounds kind of fun. This game will definitely keep me busy for days, lol.

Btw, I will try to watch TheSeraphim17's walkthrough videos as well. Never gone through any of his gameplay videos before though. But to avoid any spoilers, I will first try to beat the game by myself, and then go through your walkthrough videos, as well other YouTubers like TheSeraphim17'etc.
Yeah there's a LOT to do in the open world they've provided. Besides those side missions, there's always groups of Banished here and there. It could be on roads and pathways, or off the beaten track, which keeps you guessing. Then there's collectibles too, like Propaganda towers to destroy, Armor Lockers with MP skins, and Banished and UNSC audio logs on datapads.

The Propaganda towers add 10 Valor points, but anymore I leave them be, as it's entertaining to listen to the Grunt DJ talking smack about the UNSC, especially with the IWHBYD skull activated. I also don't bother collecting the armor anymore, as I don't play MP. The audio logs add to the story a bit, as they are basically chronicles and memoirs of both factions, but some border on ridiculous, like when Escharum talks about Atriox like he's in love with him. Angry Joe had a field day mocking that one.

Yeah just give me a heads up if you need any advice once you start playing the game. I can keep it to subtle hints if you'd like to avoid spoilers. Generally it would probably be about enemies you're well aware of by then and perhaps struggling with though. God knows I had my panicked moments even on Normal mode my first play through.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS