halo question

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

before i started to play halo for my computer i was changing my setings for
audio and video wheni noticed that in the video section theres was some
options that was grayed out like decals, and gore, i met the requirments for
halo, i have 128 MB of RAM for my video card but the option is grayed out, so
i'm not sure if my card isnt able to handle it or there is somthin that isnt
make it enabled

Hi Albert,

That indicates that your video card doesn't support those features.
Typically, the nVidia MX line of cards will produce that result.

Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card you have
installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEF27EFD-7F21-4B56-AEBD-344FACF36E99@microsoft.com...
| before i started to play halo for my computer i was changing my setings for
| audio and video wheni noticed that in the video section theres was some
| options that was grayed out like decals, and gore, i met the requirments for
| halo, i have 128 MB of RAM for my video card but the option is grayed out, so
| i'm not sure if my card isnt able to handle it or there is somthin that isnt
| make it enabled

"Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> before i started to play halo for my computer i was changing my setings
> for
> audio and video wheni noticed that in the video section theres was some
> options that was grayed out like decals, and gore, i met the requirments
> for
> halo, i have 128 MB of RAM for my video card but the option is grayed out,
> so
> i'm not sure if my card isnt able to handle it or there is somthin that
> isnt
> make it enabled

As Treeman and Jimmy pointed it, it's probably a DirectX7 generation card,
so it lacks the hardware needed.

$120 will see you get a card that performs very well with Halo however.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Before the OP changes his card, they should make sure that they are running
the latest available video card made from the card manufacturer. If they
are only using the standard video cards delivered with XP, then this can
have options removed.