Halp! System stopped running, no post/bios

henrythefool

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Hello! I'm having an issue with a relatively new build. First system I've built in years, put everything together, booted up fine, installed Windows 10, everything works great for 3 months. Then, nothing. Fans start up, lights come on, but nothing on the screen. Tested different monitors, pulled GPU and switched to onboard graphics, I'm still not getting anything at all.

So I figured the motherboard crapped out because I went cheap. Got an RMA, sent it in, got a replacement, still nothing. Verrrry frustrating.

Since I didn't have a mobo speaker, I ordered one, and that (I think) has gotten me closer. When I hit the power, I get four short beeps. With no RAM installed, three long beeps. Still can't get to BIOS. I'm getting kinda lost tracking down what that might mean, mobo manual doesn't have anything on beep codes. I've followed y'all's helpful checklist, but I'm stuck. I don't have any spare parts to swap out, so I was hoping someone might have tips to narrow down the issue. As far as I can tell, it could still be RAM, CPU, PSU, or even mobo.

Any help or advice you could offer would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Mobo: H110M-ITX/AC
PSU: EVGA 430 W1, 80+ WHITE 430W
CPU: Pentium G4500 FC-LGA14C
RAM: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM

That looks like a RAM issue.
Are you sure you're getting 4 short beeps?
You won't get into the BIOS without RAM...usually you will get 3 beeps with no RAM of faulty RAM.
4 short beeps = Real Time Clock malfunction. That should not be an issue.
Have you tried the memory stick on both RAM slots?

henrythefool

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Yeah, tried both slots. No beeps with the RAM in the slot closer to CPU, four short beeps with the slot farther from CPU, and three longs beeps repeated if I strip down to CPU/HDD only. But no video/post either way :/. Is there any good way to test/isolate the RAM?

Also, off topic, but RAM prices are crazy right now! I thought I'd just order another 8gb to test it since I wanted to move up to 16gb later anyway, but I'd have to pay twice what I did last year.