Question Halts w/o any explanation nor error.

TsukiZero

Commendable
Aug 19, 2020
Ever since this one update that catastrophically failed to be removed I've witnessed this rare random full halt. No BSOD nor anything, everything halts, CPU load at 35%, less than 3 GB RAM load, normal (or low) temperatures... reseated the Graphics Card, the RAM card, checked and cleaned the PC from top to bottom and back to top, and even switched out the PSU once the old PSU died. No errors in the disk, in the RAM, nothing, at most there were PAGE FAULT or TRIED TO WRITE TO RAM (which was very likely because I didn't DDU the Geforce 750 ti drivers before installing the 970. Oops! But done DDU and reinstalled the driver), but I assume those to be unrelated by now.

My last guess is what is the possibility in an other thread: some Windows files are corrupted, DISM can't see nor do anything about it, SFC can't either, would need a clean install or in-place upgrade to fix it.

TsukiZero

Commendable
Aug 19, 2020
I don't know an easy way to pull full system specs, so I'll try to provide what I can:
Motherboard: Asrock N68-GS4 FX R2.0 (Bios Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.00, 10/5/2015) (Swapped in at I think 2018 due to previous MoBo having had its PCIe, Network and 1 RAM slot fried due to a power surge that entered the Network port)
Hard Disk: Kingston SA400S37480 SCSI Disk Drive (Solid State)
Graphics: Palit Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (Got it used but in perfect working condition. Still works perfectly)
Memory: Can't find the stick info, presumably 1x Kingston DDR3 8GB

Recently turned off the "Cool 'n Quiet" function, just in case. Didn't do anything.

Swapped out the SATA cable for one that was still in its packaging.

Last edited: