Question Hama Thunder V5 180 degree wheel does only 90 degree of he full resolution

Deyan Dobromirov

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
Hello,

I installed the drivers from Hama, on Windows 7 but there is no option to enable the full resolution of the steering wheel. I cannot even see the wheel in the device manager. After I calibrate it, sends a byte of information to the PC as when centered let's say it is at 0 degrees. The PC receives 0 for -45 degrees and 255 for +45 degrees. The rest is a dead zone and no higher or lower value is received after calibration.

Does anyone knows how can I extend the resolution from 90 degree turn to 180?

Last edited:
Usually the rotation angle of steering wheels for gaming is the the rotation angle from full left position to full right position - not the steering angle from center position to left or right.

So if your wheel rotates 90 degress left and right, that is 180 degrees rotation.

From what I can see in reviews of the wheel, you only get 90 degrees rotation to each side, resulting in 180 degrees rotation mentioned in the product specs.

Deyan Dobromirov

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
@MadsModsat Maybe I did not say it right. It is advertised to get -90 to +90 degree rotation resulting in full 180 degree rotation, but when rotated the minimum and maximum values received are at -45 and +45 degrees instead of -90 to +90 degrees resulting in saturation ( in the [-45;-90] and [+45;+90] degree range ). I am aiming to remove the saturation and to have the minimum value at -90 degrees and maximum value at +90 degrees.

@MadsModsat Maybe I did not say it right. It is advertised to get -90 to +90 degree rotation resulting in full 180 degree rotation, but when rotated the minimum and maximum values received are at -45 and +45 degrees instead of -90 to +90 degrees resulting in saturation ( in the [-45;-90] and [+45;+90] degree range ). I am aiming to remove the saturation and to have the minimum value at -90 degrees and maximum value at +90 degrees.

I apologize, I misread your post. Now that I look again, I see what you mean. I'm sorry for the confusion, I should have read it more carefully.

Reactions: Deyan Dobromirov

Deyan Dobromirov

Honorable
Jun 19, 2015
@MadsModsat No probs.. Anyways.. It appears to be very weird problem. Looks like a driver issue of some sort. Tried adjusting the end saturation using vJoy with UCR but it is not working as it does not detect the 0-512 value range. I bet I need a custom driver or somebody actually opened the thing to really see that the potensimeter covers the whole 180 degree area instead half of it dunno. Must have like 0 to 511 instead of 0 to 255 to my observation, but I doubt that is the case here.. What do you think ...