Hammacher Schlemmer Has a No-Glasses 3D Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I'm sick of parralax barrier being the only auto-stereoscopic (aka glasses-free) tech being used. There is far better tech available that can use a camera to track your eyes and aim the pixels directly at them. No need to keep your head still like with 3DS and other parralax barrier displays.

Parralax barrier is way too heavy handed of an approach to glasses-free 3D. Keeping your head still and stiff while trying to play a game or watch a movie gets tiring quickly.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
@ Knowom, maybe you don't like 3D, but there are plenty of us that do enjoy 3D gaming or certain applications in 3D. I do not want it to go away, only to be constantly improved upon and implemented further in displays & tied to VR.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
@ Knowom, maybe you don't like 3D, but there are plenty of us that do enjoy 3D gaming or certain applications in 3D. I do not want it to go away, only to be constantly improved upon and implemented further in displays & tied to VR.

colson79

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
I agree with knowom, I have had enough of the whole 3D thing. It doesn't add anything to movies and games and I find it kind of distracting. I hate the fact that If I want to see a new movie on the large screens in the theater I'm forced to watch it in 3D. The 2D version is always showing on some small screen in the back of the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.