Handcuffed GF2MX

G

I have a problem with my card in that it doesn't score any higher that 360k triangles in all three light tests in 3dmk2000. My overall is only 998.

My sys specs are as follows:

k62500
192mb pc133 cas2 memory
aopen ax59pro mb latest bios and 4in1's
VideoExcel GF2MX with hs and fan, latest official Detonators, latest video bios, not overclocked- core175 mem143.
SBLive! Value v.2 latest WDM drivers
Antec 300w PS

For some reason this card seems to have been handcuffed by the mfgr.

G

Sorry, I'm running on WinME but I had the same problem in 98se.

G

just as a test, i put a geforce2 gts on a k6-2 500 and it was horrible. the processor really can't handle the games, and so the video card gets wasted.

G

True, a k62 will handcuff a high end video card but not this much. I have seen other people with mx's and k62's who average arround 2000 or so in 3dmk2000. That's still low but I could live with that until I can afford my next upgrade.(P3-866 and Asus CLUS-2 MB) Until that time, I just want to get a more respectable score with this setup. I do appreciate your input though.

G

I am also having this problem. The reason is that 3DMark2000 doesnt alow MVP3 chipsets to use the T&L engine.. my MX card scores higher using 3dnow optimization instead of Hardware T&L. I don't have any other games that use T&L, to test out whether T&L never works on our chipsset or that its just a bug in 3DMark.. maybe the new 2001 version will fix it? I used this card in a 350PentiumII runing @375(I think) and it scored in the 5000s so I know that there must be a reason why the T&L engine doesnt work with either the chipset or the K6-2..