[quotemsg=19726711,0,627667]This is such a slap in the face for customers.
As a customer who shelled out $$ and purchased the Commander Mini, 2 lighting strips, H80i, and a HX850i, I expected everything to connect and work together.
What I got was:
- A Commander Mini that couldn't change the fan speeds based on the temperature from the thermal probes.
- A Commander Mini that caused the LEDs to flash when ever the fans changed speeds. And according to Corsair the only fix was to set the fans to a static RPM.
- A commander Mini that was not able to connect to any future products via corsair link cable meaning all devices had to run back to the motherboard USB header
- LEDs that would reset and change to red instead of changing colours based on the temperature of the case
- Endless promises that the next version of Corsair Link would fix the problem.
This was about 3 year ago, the issues are still there, their forums are filled with complaints from customers about the hardware and corsair link no solutions in sight but here they are pushing out new products and didn't fix the old ones. im betting the new ones have that issue too.
It was so bad that the lighting strips was not released until months after the Comander Mini was released and here they are doing the same crap again. They released the Lighting node Pro and the Comander Mini Pro and did NOT give customers they opportunity to buy the lighting strips by themselves. So the only way to get the lighting strips is to buy the lighting node pro.
Its so bad that they have a user on their forum providing fixes for other users who has zero affiliation with Corsair.
For anyone here that is reading this review which is basically a paid advertisement where the review cannot say anything negative about the product or else they wont get anymore freebies. Go to Corsair forums, read the problems that actual customers that spent real money are experiencing. Read the responses or lack of responses from Corsair employees, See the nonsense and the length of time it been prolonged (they never fix the issues, they just release new products and sweep the old ones under the rug).
As someone who is tired of their crap, I rather get a new motherboard that will control the RGBs and fan speeds.
Have a nice FU Corsair!![/quotemsg]Dang, I'd hire you if I could
Seriously, a hands-on like this could have used that backstory. But you would have had to leave that last line out