News Hands-on: New Steam Beta Adds PS5 DualSense Controller Support

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
idk why sony doesnt make em supported easier..

I personally like PS controlelrs over XB controllers, but the lack of pc support makes me not buy 1 for pc :/
Because you won't buy a console if you can experience the same game the same way on PC. They want only the PS5 to have DualSense, and they get no money from Steam games.

Because you won't buy a console if you can experience the same game the same way on PC. They want only the PS5 to have DualSense, and they get no money from Steam games.
i wont buy a console for a controller when i can buy a controller alone :unsure:

sony is all about exclusives...so havign a pc or not doesnt matter.

supporting pc playerbase measn ppl would buy stand alone controller.

look at XB controller for proof of it.

keithdmitchell

Reputable
May 2, 2017
www.theouterhaven.net
This is not 100%. They've already stated they want to support the PC more. As for the official drivers, they're just slow. It took them three years after the DualShock 4 was released before they added native support. And even then, they did so with that USB adaptor.

I truly believe that this is due to the Japanese side of Sony just not understanding just how much the DualShock and now DualSense controller is loved. You mentioned they don't make money from Steam and who cares. They make the money on hardware and that means for every controller they sell, they get paid. And even if they don't, as we've seen, the PC market has modders that have the no how to add unofficial support --> points to DS4Windows.