Hands-on: Radeon HD 6990 Running Eyefinity 5x1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]Get rid of the Bezels and I would be game.[/citation]

http://www.cinemassivedisplays.com/video-wall/

:)

foogoo

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
One dead pixel in a display drives me crazy i couldn't imagine staring at 8 huge 3/4 inch black lines for hours on end. I really don't understand this implementation of multiple screens. Even with the cinimassive displays the lines are unacceptable.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I've been running a three monitor setup for a few months now and most of the time I don't even notice the bezels while playing games. The center screen is my focus and the other two are more like "peripheral vision". You still have to turn in-game focus to the center screen to shoot, right? Don't know how I got along without three monitors before. YMMV. Outside of games, multiple monitors is a no-brainer for productivity and multitasking.

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
iv got eyefinity x3 but with these 5 it looks a bit annoying. i know with 3 you dont even notice the bezels. but with this monitors all positioned vertically it looks like it might be a bit annoying

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Props to AMD, this is incredible for 5 displays connected to one card with solid fps. Nvidia, please don't rush the 590, release a fully polished card that can compete with this behemoth.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
all this cenimassive crap everyone is talking about is silly...samsung makes LEDs that have a .2 inch bezel and it wont cost you 10 gs for 3 40 inch LEDs like it does from that ripoff site.(or at least a ripoff for a private setup) Even if your a tard and get them from best buy it would run you 3k at most. Besides all you have to do is get a run of the mill LED with around a 1 inch bezel and put the other 2 screens bezels behind the middle tvs...that is what i did YOU DO NOT PERCEIVE A ONE INCH BEZEL WHEN GAMING and its doesn't matter for work related apps

G

Well let's hope that they now going to fix the driver issues with Eyefinity 6 cards as well. At least with MD230x3/x6 they do have quite strange problems in connection with DisplayPort setups. :(

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
It sounds good but I would rather stay using my 40" LCD TV in 1080P. The problem with EYEFINITY for me is all the gaps in the picture. For me that totally messes with the quality of the picture. Also how much would one have to spent on 5 screens just to have 4 lines going through your game. Perhaps AMD could partner up with a TV/Monitor maker to make something that would display the same size and res but be a smooth screen and for a comparable price to the 2-5 screens

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I don't understand, people can use that money to buy a 50" plasma tv. What's the point of connecting 5 monitors together? I don't get it, would anyone fill in the gap for me please?

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
yea, they don't mention resolution, that makes a huge difference. I have 3 Alienware Optx 24" screen on dual 295GTX's and what resolution you run makes a huge difference depending on the game. Personally I don't see 5 screens ever becoming more than curiosity as even 3 is huge enough and all those bezels are to distracting. It looks like your gaming through your mom's french door?? I wish huge uber high resolution screens were available (that didn't cost a ridiculous amount). I would rather have one of those.

G

Personally I would rather have a single 30” – 50” 16:9 monitor with a much higher resolution like 4k x 2k or get really crazy with 8k x 4k. I know there isn’t much use for these resolutions yet for cinema, but clearly we want it for games so give us the frackin’ monitors already.

Status
Not open for further replies.