Hands On: The HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormyIV

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I bought 2 of these headsets. Both had great audio but the MIC was god awful. I had to crank every setting up to max just to barely be heard.

a1r

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
The only way to go for me is to get some good headphones and a modmic. You'll go through many headsets by the time quality headphones will wear out.

Usually what goes bad on headphones is the cord rather than anything else. The cord on that set doesn't look any better or more sturdy than any other set of "pro" headphones. The name is strictly marketing, there's nothing "pro" about them. If you want decent headphones you should probably go with a studio set from Heil or other reputable brand.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Meh. My Astro A50 headset is way better. Yes, it was more expensive, but provides 7.1 wireless audio and up to 24-bit 44KHz sound quality. I only paid $175 for mine (vs. $300 retail).

f-14

Distinguished
once the price point hits $50+ if it's not wireless it's crap, the cord always gets run over or crushed by the chair arms or tangled around you and you get up to go afk and the jacks or cord gets destroyed or damaged. for $149 i should be able to go to the mail box and still talk and hear people CLEARLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.