Hands-on the Lenovo K900 Intel Clover Trail+ 5.5" Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Borrowed design ideas from iPhone 5 no doubt but I am still not sure about smart phone with over 5" displays. I for one refuse to carry a man bag to hold my smart phone...lol.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Borrowed design ideas from iPhone 5 no doubt but I am still not sure about smart phone with over 5" displays. I for one refuse to carry a man bag to hold my smart phone...lol.[/citation]
Do you wear pants? Do those have pockets? This will fit (as long as you don't wear skinny jeans with little sissy girl pockets).

I'm not sure if I like the look or not. The silver one is the only one I would want. Hopefully the stainless steel doesn't add too much weight, though it surely adds some rigidity. 6.9mm is pretty thin for a phone this large.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Oh great one there robochump, thinking again that Apple invented shapes and surfaces. Sad part is that they don`t even show it working in the guy`s hands ... the rest are just words in the air.

Nice industrial look. I believe Android Central had a little review of the unit. Would be interested in battery capacity/life.
SS much better than aluminum, esp. given the weak backside of iPhone5, that bends like a limp noodle.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Well, this is what the 1C/2T Lexington Z2420 looks like (performance wise)...

Intel-Zeeya-AnTuTu-Benchmark.jpg

http://www.techweez.com/2013/01/24/intel-zeeya-beach-yolo-review/
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6696/intel-introduces-the-safaricom-yolo-based-on-z2420-lexington-smartphone-platform

Lexington's a under-clocked Medfield, btw. The K900 should see around a 1.5x increase, i guess...

good camera, good screen, and a great CPU....
But it will have a junk GPU (something all intel phones suffer from), and that metal back means that it most likely will not support NFC or wireless charging... 2 things that I will require of all my future phones.

I would really love to see the next gen Atom phones come with some serious graphics hardware, and a WP variant would be welcome as well!

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
CaedenV:

No, it might actually have a DECENT GPU, being Clover Trail+. The Z2580 is a dual core Atom with PowerVR SGX544MP2 running at 533MHz.

Ojas: The Lenovo K900 27,000 in Antutu. That's almost 2.5x the score of the Lexington device.

[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]good camera, good screen, and a great CPU....But it will have a junk GPU (something all intel phones suffer from), and that metal back means that it most likely will not support NFC or wireless charging... 2 things that I will require of all my future phones.I would really love to see the next gen Atom phones come with some serious graphics hardware, and a WP variant would be welcome as well![/citation]

Everything that I've read about the dual-core mobile Atom models pointed towards excellent GPUs, very unlike their previous single core *brothers*. That includes info from sites such as Anand and if you want, I could look for some links.

GoranAnicic

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Lenovo K900 from yesterday can be purchased in Serbia:
http://www.androidrevija.com/lenovo-smart-telefoni-od-sinoc-u-prodaji-u-win-win-prodavnicama/

Status
Not open for further replies.