Hands-on Video of the LG G3 Quad HD Android Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I want a decent smart phone that runs efficient playstation 2 emulators, or a phone that's just a psp built in running of android and speakers too, and magnetically encased water repellent.

If not then just keep selling me the same shit each year that I don't buy.

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

I want a decent smart phone that runs efficient playstation 2 emulators, or a phone that's just a psp built in running of android and speakers too, and magnetically encased water repellent.

If not then just keep selling me the same shit each year that I don't buy.
Considering it hasn't been that long since the PS2 emu for PC is able to at full speed on high end pc's, I think it will be quite a while until it is running on phones at a decent speed or at all. Just try running the dolphin wii emulator. It runs, but not pretty.

But I agree, these new phones aren't really compelling me to fork out and upgrade from the S3. The water resistance on the S5 looks nice, but I also want front speakers, HTC has these but it is missing removable battery/water resistance, this LG looks nice but they could have added water resistance and front speakers too. Argh

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
So many unnecessary pixels requiring dynamic scaling of GPU and CPU performance for FPS to maximize battery life. How about just stopping with these absurd PPI displays that bring nothing more to the device? As a G2 user, I can honestly say 'meh', and also I have no idea why they decided to go backwards, and put the external speaker on the back of the phone...

Wonder if LG has finally ditched their asinine continual auto-refocus? It makes almost all of their phone video recording since about the Optimus G virtually useless because the focus is always changing, giving you 75% of your video being out of focus.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
unless this can improve upon or maintain the same batt life as the G2 I don't have a compelling reason to get this, even KitKat will screw with your add-on SD card storage abilities. As much as i like removable storage conceptually, i like the fully closed G2, the screen makes me smile, and I'm already craning my fingers in single-handed use.

MannyLegacy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
unless this can improve upon or maintain the same batt life as the G2 I don't have a compelling reason to get this, even KitKat will screw with your add-on SD card storage abilities. As much as i like removable storage conceptually, i like the fully closed G2, the screen makes me smile, and I'm already craning my fingers in single-handed use.

"My typical 24-hour cycle of checking Gmail and Twitter, browsing the web, and watching YouTube videos was no challenge for the G3, which consistently went from the morning of one day into the evening of the next. The Verge Battery Test confirmed these findings with a time of 7 ½ hours before reaching the 10 percent battery warning. It took 8 hours and 16 minutes to drain the phone completely. As with its screen, the G3’s battery life is akin to that of much bigger devices"

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/4/5778556/lg-g3-review

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
This is a phone done right.
Removable Battery-Check
SD Card Slot-Check
Tiny Bezel, Amazing Screen-Check

I will admit that this is overkill, a lot of the features are unnecessary and the resolution is very high, but why not? If we have the ability to give these things a go, let us at least give them a try.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I still have a Samsung note 1, and yep it runs all the playstation games in pristine condition, like kill zone 1, star ocean, and maybe final fantasy 7. so no upgrading until Samsung note 10 releases.

The point is, phones are just facebook messenging devices now, if only people knew the potential knew the potential things their phones can do, and they do (well android given most on apple devices have no idea what a phone is, and that's fair.) you sit on a train, wait for the light to change green at some random intersection, or go on holidays, or just work and what does every one do, connect to facebook.

swordrage

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012

That's what I meant. I thought you were complaining about this not being 4 times full HD and still being called quad HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.