Hands-On With 'Project Cars 2' In VR

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We found in Project Cars, when you went over the limit, you couldn’t bring the car back under control; it would just spin."

I never had an issue in driving PCars going past the edge and then not being able to control a slide before it went into a spin. In fact I found it quite fun, especially on the long California coastal track with lots of twists, turns, and hills. I was hoping to hear more information of any new tracks that were not in the first one.

There are many big circuits out there in Europe and North & South America that were missing in PCars1 (IMO circuit tracks in the Americas were extremely underrepresented). I'd even be willing to pay for add-on tracks that are not on the initial release (and I'm still kicking myself for not joining the early investor program for PCars2 which is now closed).

According to Steam's latest hardware survey, less than half of one percent of Steam users have a PC VR headset. I'm not sure that can really be considered "mainstream" quite yet. >_>

Racing games are a natural fit for VR though, since they don't have to contend with limited play-spaces or odd locomotion methods, and force-feedback wheels and pedals have been readily available for years. I can see how hand-tracking could definitely help to improve immersion, although there might still be a bit of a disconnect if you reached for a shifter that was in a different location from your physical shifter, for example, and most wheels are not the same size as a wheel you would find in a real race car, so some approximations would have to be made.

blackbit75

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Fallout 4 VR Will Be “An Industry Changer”, AMD Corporate Vice President Says
http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-vr-will-industry-changer-amd-corporate-vice-president-says/
Fallout 4 VR is the most incredible thing you’ve ever seen in your life. You can’t even imagine what it’s like, playing in VR and how realistic it looks and everywhere you turn your head. It is going to blow your mind. It is the craziest thing you’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.