Hands On With Square Enix's 'Platinum Demo' For 'Final Fantasy XV'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah no PC and no mention of it.

This might just be a platform exclusive, at least for a while after release. Once sales tank then they will port to PC and throw on steam to try and grab a few more bucks.

Which is fine for me. I don't have a lot of confidence in this series, I'll let it run through it's tests before I buy it at a reasonable price.

MagusALL

Honorable
May 24, 2013
If there is no PC version than really, what is the point of making these games? Obviously most of us here are gamers and as such most of us are running Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Which, BTW, Microsoft itself said that will be universal with the XBox One Apps and Games, if not now than at least in the near future which would allow the XB1 to act as a sort of Windows 10 PC (that could game, albeit at 900p). I will likely pull the trigger on a NVIDIA Shield that has 4K video and game streaming at under $200 than I would an XB1. I'm a PC gamer. That's the reason I built my PC, the reason I purchase CPU's, GPU's and RAM etc. If a game drops for XB1 it should also drop for Windows 10 since Microsoft themselves keep saying that the XBox is basically a Windows 10 PC. I really don't understand what barrier there is to making it port to the Windows 10 PC that I built. I understand if there are new drivers needed, AMD/NVIDIA issues but jeez you are an enourmous corporation why can't you invest money into the biggest things in technology today, cell phones and Apps. Microsoft, once again, said the Windows 10 Mobile, XBox One and Windows 10 PC's would run on the same kernel and we could simply go into the app store and buy the game/app. Seriously. If you want to game at 900p while the TV's are more and more moving into 4k than why even release a console? Just release a Windows 10 PC (as you claim the XB1 already is) that can pump out if not 4k than 1440p graphics on ultra if not high settings. Release the controller with the keyboard thing already attached and BOOM, its a PC! You don't need to worry about the XB version and the PC port you just make one. One. 1!!! Personally I don't want a console I would rather have a desktop PC that allows me to stream the games into my living room like NVIDIA does with their Shield and Steam does with their Link. So put SONY in a graveyard, drop a $600 system that is a home desktop PC that you can put anywhere and another device for $100 that allows you to stream that game/PC video to another room. You can skip the entire console premise by pairing a i7 Intel processor with 8-16Gb of RAM and a GTX 970/980 with a PSU and storage options. Throw on a 1TB hard drive for $50 retail or throw on a 500GB SSD to quickly load your games and OS. The retail price alone will never be as low as you are selling your $250 XBox but you will be able to say buy a Windows 10X PC. A PC designed to game and then you design them for Windows 10. One. Simple. Streamlined. Heck even throw the option in to add another GPU in SLI through one of those external boxes that would get you a big step up in graphics power. Don't make consoles anymore and stop with the charging for internet gaming. PC's don't charge me to do that why does the XBox? Sorry for ranting (thats kinda my thang) but I just don't understand why Microsoft, who developed Windows, would sell a console that can't even match the SONY console dropped at the same time. Upsell it like Apple upsells laptops with one port and desktops with laptop CPU's. So you either go with SONY's Playstation and its just a gaming console or you spend a couple hundred more and get a home entertainment system that can stream video throughout the home, a true gamer rig that you can stream to a 4K or 1080p TV. Make it upgradeable like a PC and then you won't have to develop a new one every few years you just add a part as needed like all us PC gamers do. With the Hololens you could easily remove the CPU on there and simply stream the image and data from your XBPC, making it lighter and better, much better, longer lasting and you go thru one app store. For every single product you make. PC gamers want more than 900p thats why we are PC gamers. Bc I want to be able to make it whatever I want and I think Microsoft just needs a serious look in the mirror and look into the future and say to themselves, when the PS3 was more than the Xbox 360 did that hurt SONY? No it did not. So throw a damn BluRay drive on a Windows 10 PC with an Intel CPU, NVIDIA GPU and RAM that can bust ultra on 1080p and high on 4K. With SLI option you can bust out ultra on 4k. The device would stream to your Hololens eliminating all the problems it has which is weight and heat. Stream to it instead. Stream to a $100 XBox that receives the PC stream in real time. I don't get it. Why isn't Microsoft thinking like this? They are a backwards thinking company. A game shouldn't drop on a console before a PC, if anything it should be on PC first. Make the developers, which I'm sure would be happy with, design games on a PC with a GPU. Work your wholesale pricing and make the money on games, apps, videos, etc. Screw consoles and let the desktop work its ass off for the entire house. Connect it to you IoT shit and be done with it. They are wasting valuable time and maybe they need to fire whoever is making these year 2000's choices for a generation of technology that will be used in the 2020's. Big difference from 1963-1983 right? 1974-1994? Yeah. So get with the times already and if you want to hire me PM me haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.