Hands On With The Razer Serval And Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpbarrette

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Does this have backlighting? The pictures on Razer's site make it look like it does, but the specs on Razer's site don't mention it, so I suspect it doesn't.

It seems rather remiss of Razer to include an ambi mouse... yet fix the mouse pad to the right side only. I'm not left handed so it doesn't bother me all that much, but I could see those who are left handed complaining loudly.

Seeing as this was just released, perhaps there's still time for Razer to make some kind of adjustment to the design to allow the mouse pad to be flopped to either side. I'm not all too surprised on the price. It seems pretty spot on seeing you're getting a high quality keyboard and a mouse as well.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
It seems rather remiss of Razer to include an ambi mouse... yet fix the mouse pad to the right side only. I'm not left handed so it doesn't bother me all that much, but I could see those who are left handed complaining loudly.

Most of us lefties have been ignored with nice ergonomic peripherals long enough that we learned to use the mouse with our right hands a long time ago. It feels weird to operate a mouse with my left hand now and I only do it if my right hand gets repetitive strain injury.

HYPERBOLOCO

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Would have been nice to see IRIS graphics in the XPS 13. Would have also been nice to see better graphics in the XPS 15 for that price; come on Dell a 700 series GPU.....really? Should have been at minimum a GT850m with GDDR5 or a GTX850m.

Seems like ASUS will be providing better performing ultrabooks than dell this year.

Angelus de Mortiel

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Razer Motto: Make it pretty. Make is expensive. Make it cheap.

After seeing hundreds of reviews of dozens of Razer products on various websites mixed with my own experience, I will never consider the premium price that Razer charges to be for anything more than looks. Their products are not built with any kind of durability in mind, which is makes the expensive price tag even harder to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.