Hands-on With the Windows Phone 8 Launch Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
This round of WP phones seems to be much better than the prior rounds. Better LCDs, better CPUs and most of all a more finished OS. WP7/7.5 felt too much like a beta test, and everything seemingly solved in WP8 seems to be making it the more robust OS it really should be.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]Nice thing is, I doubt any of these manufacturers will be patent trolling each other.[/citation]

And that you can chance the battery out and update the SD card.

Try that on the i-Phone 5

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]And that you can chance the battery out and update the SD card.Try that on the i-Phone 5[/citation]
I don't think you can swap out batteries on the Nokia and HTC W8 phones. Also, the SD slot is only available for the Samsung phone I believe..

G

they did it for some of the lumia devices on verizon and on tmobile but to bad they werent included in their 'flagship" devices that wouldve been the icing on the cake for the wp8 launch

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]I don't think you can swap out batteries on the Nokia and HTC W8 phones. Also, the SD slot is only available for the Samsung phone I believe..[/citation]
The Lumia 820 has SD, but not the 920. I think there's a few other models

G

Odd that the only one of the three with an LED screen is the one they demo with a white background, when the most striking quality of Samsung's AMOLED screens, like most LEDs, is how black the blacks are.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Looks like Windows Phone finally has the software and hardware chops to start gaining some serious market share. We'll wait and see what the consumers think. These phones look nice, but unless one is offered unlocked I don't think I'll be getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS