Captain

What are some recommendations for a good handsfree unit? I want something
that is comfortable and works well with wind, in other words I want to be
able to hear when it is windy. I've seen alot at target, not sure of the
quality though, and I jabra seems to have many out there, which is better,
over the ear or the gel ear insert things? Anyone?

Capt.

In article <10aftscbfa31q27@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> What are some recommendations for a good handsfree unit? I want something
> that is comfortable and works well with wind, in other words I want to be
> able to hear when it is windy. I've seen alot at target, not sure of the
> quality though, and I jabra seems to have many out there, which is better,
> over the ear or the gel ear insert things? Anyone?

This is something that you'll likely need to decide for yourself. Its a
matter of personal preference, which is why there are so many different
devices out there. What one person may love, another may hate.

ME

"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote in

> What are some recommendations for a good handsfree unit? I want
> something that is comfortable and works well with wind, in other words
> I want to be able to hear when it is windy. I've seen alot at target,
> not sure of the quality though, and I jabra seems to have many out
> there, which is better, over the ear or the gel ear insert things?
> Anyone?
>

> Capt.

I have the Sanyo 8200 and use the cheap 19.99
earpeice with the turbo button. I just say the name it dials the person
then I hang up with the earpeice great for me

Mike

Splendid

Captain wrote:
> What are some recommendations for a good handsfree unit? I want something
> that is comfortable and works well with wind, in other words I want to be
> able to hear when it is windy. I've seen alot at target, not sure of the
> quality though, and I jabra seems to have many out there, which is better,
> over the ear or the gel ear insert things? Anyone?
>

> Capt.

Headsets are fairly personal things - you should have an opportunity to
try them out. I'd suggest going to a brick and mortar retailer for this
one. Make sure they have a liberal return policy. Ask the salesperson
for suggestions, and take your best guess. If that one doesn't make you
happy, bring it back.

I have to say that I've tried a few different models and the Jabra
Earwrap has been my favorite. I've been most frustrated with the Body
Glove in-the-ear products. Plantronics and Shure are good brands.
-mike