Question hanging 3970x

Roe5685

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
threadripper 3970x keyboard and mouse hang end of job and you need to use control alt del to access CPU for next job.

Roe5685

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
brand new 3970x onto brand new PrimeTRX40-Pro with new G.Skill Trident Z 4 x 32GB ( rating 36000gb) new but problem exists with other mem. too including Server mem certified from Supermicro. Machine works perfectly for long jobs and you do not mind having to use cntrl alt del at end of job to make them responsive ( you get a screen where you hit cancel instead of say sign out and it clears the issue ) so you can start new job. But if you are surfing the net it is annoying. If machine is just sitting there the freeze comes on after a minute or so. Other than that machine is flawless. ALSO if you access this machine by remote access then there is no problem. If you use the machine to access another the problem is still there. But sure works fine for serious work!
Roe5685. No overheat issues. The work around. If you use this machine for the trivial net surfing and so forth we remote access it to avoid the hang.

Roe5685

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Excellent Question: I put up the task manager and I shows 1% CPU and 5% memory nothing unusual when I scan it.
The PSU is EVGA 600 GD
The graphics card is GE Force RTX 2080 Super.
Some new info: As stated it goes funky after you not use it for say 1.5 minutes. When Funky:
Windows key info comes up when you press it but you cannot activate anything.
Similarly if you press the key just to left of the right control key info comes up but you cannot access.
and what really strange is that if you go to the top with some tabs up you cannot access anything BUT if you click with the mouse you can start a new tab and it works but cursor is funny sort of like a rifle scope. You can use keyboard and direct Edge to a new site say intel .com and keyboard works. You can leave that and start a new tab BUT then cannot get back to the old tab you just created. OF course in real life when stuck I just do the cntrl alt del trick or cntrl alt task manager trick.
Has me mystified
Anything else to try?
I think I made it clear I can give it after using cntrl alt del a 15 minute job and it completes. It does not hang once a job is started.