Hanging in Windows 8 Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hi every buddy , I have a ASUS K50ID Laptop with following information :

CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHZ , Ram: 4GB DDR3 , Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 1GB , MB: ASUS Tek , OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (ASUS Original)

I installed Windows 8 Developer Preview 64bit , but it hangs between every 1 hour . I tried 32 bit version too , but it had same problem , now I don't know this hanging is for my system information or it is a bug .

I searched Google too but I couldn't find any solution for it . I'll be glad if you give me some help .

Thanks .

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Any one has some solution ?
Some times it gives me a blue page with following message :

"Your Pc ran to problem" and some thing like this .

and the main hang: for example I surfing the net and when I wanted to click on some thing ( links ) my hard stop working.
please give me some solution , pleaseeee :((

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

I installed Windows 8 Dev dual boot with Windows 7 once , AND then installed Windows 8 Dev without dual boot .

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

if I installed it without any drivers my graphic drivers and sound will not config .

So you are currently running Windows 8 as your only OS? Probably not a good idea, that.
Since the OS has not been released, hardware vendors still have to update their drivers. And as I mentioned before, this is software that is not even complete enough to be considered beta yet.
Besides, once the final version is released, you will have to reinstall everything yet again. I highly recommend you stick to Windows 7 as your primary OS for now.

Not a good idea. Developers Preview is not even a Beta version of the software. It's available so developers can get an idea how to program their own software to work with Win8.

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

No you didn't understand me , now I have Windows 7 on "C" and Windows Dev on "D" .

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

so what about my Function keys ? if I don't install ATK Package ( For ASUS Function keys ) I can't do some thing like turning on or turning off my Wireless connection .

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

no , ATK Package is specially for ASUS notebooks , and if I don't install this software then my functions won't work.

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Thank You my friend, I did your said and it works well until now , thank you ;)

Hikaru_60

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

You should uninstall every program and install them one by one. You should wait some time after installing one to install the next to see if one of them is the problem

Vani7

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Thanks , I'll test it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.