Hanns G HG281DPB Display failing

thamien

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I recently got a Hanns G HG281DPB 27'' monitor from a friend of mine since he was going to throw it away since he got a new 3D monitor and after fixing a button issue i ran into an issue i can't seem to put my finger on. Randomly and at times far between failures the display just fails completely. Im running 2 other monitors so i know its not a graphics issue since the other monitors function properly. The power light is still on but the display is completely black and will not come back on. A few hours later after having it off I can turn it back on and use it. At first i thought it was an overheating issue but it will fail the first time i turn it on every once and a while and its not even remotely warm. Any ideas?

Good thing you got it for free, because in my opinion Hanns G and Hanspree (sister company) are pure trash when it comes to build quality. Maybe it is something as simply as a loose connection in monitor that affects the backlight.

To see if the backlight is actually the issue you can just shine a flashlight on to the screen and look closely and carefully. If you see some faint text or some images, then the backlight is not working, but the LCD panel is.