Happy Birthday Mart

Hi Mart,
I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
Joan

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

AHA!! Turning 40 again, eh? Glad Joanie thought to wish you a Happy
Birthday.....ditto from Canada!!

(marking it in my address book, heh heh......which would be great, but have
no addy for you either!!)

XX Figgs

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mart,
> I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
> Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
> have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
> Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
> Joan

http://steviewonder.free.fr/html/song181.html
<g>

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mart,
> I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
> Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
> have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
> Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
> Joan

I tried to tack this onto Noels response about 3 hours ago - but for some
reason, it hasn't appeared...??

So I'll try again and tack it onto yours, Joan.

<copy>
Thanks for the posts, you guys....

I think it is only Mike M who has my addy - however, thanks again for the
thoughts (and words, Noel <g>)

I'm just warming up on my 3rd Glenmorangie (after my glass of Guinness) and
a superb meal with Mrs Mart - Cheers!!

Mart

(Must have been the Glenmorangie fumes)

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mart,
> I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
> Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
> have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
> Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
> Joan

Just a glass or was it a pint o'Guiness ? Happy Boitday, Mart.
Throw in a Macallan on me ;)

Mow

Mart wrote:

> I tried to tack this onto Noels response about 3 hours ago - but for some
> reason, it hasn't appeared...??
>
> So I'll try again and tack it onto yours, Joan.
>
> <copy>
> Thanks for the posts, you guys....
>
> I think it is only Mike M who has my addy - however, thanks again for the
> thoughts (and words, Noel <g>)
>
> I'm just warming up on my 3rd Glenmorangie (after my glass of Guinness) and
> a superb meal with Mrs Mart - Cheers!!
>
> Mart
>
> (Must have been the Glenmorangie fumes)
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Mart,
>>I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
>>Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
>>have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
>>Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
>>Joan

A belated best wishes Mart,

Not sure though that I'd be posting to any NGs after a good meal, a
Guinness and three Glenmorangies!

BTW there are/have been problems with the Microsoft public nntp news
server. I've seen a notice posted at 21:30 approx BST saying no new
postings were likely to show for around 3-4 hours.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Mike M wrote:
> A belated best wishes Mart,
>
> Not sure though that I'd be posting to any NGs after a good meal, a
> Guinness and three Glenmorangies!

I might, then spend tomorrow wondering who the moron was who was using
my good name ;)

> BTW there are/have been problems with the Microsoft public nntp news
> server. I've seen a notice posted at 21:30 approx BST saying no new
> postings were likely to show for around 3-4 hours.

Just got a bunch of them at about 0400 GST

Rick

<lol> How's the head today Mart, glad to hear you had a good day.

I must be a victim of the outage as well, I sent a reply to Heather to
remind her it was mine on Monday but it seems to have dissappeared <g>
All the best from
Joan

Mart wrote:
>I tried to tack this onto Noels response about 3 hours ago - but for
> some reason, it hasn't appeared...??
>
> So I'll try again and tack it onto yours, Joan.
>
> <copy>
> Thanks for the posts, you guys....
>
> I think it is only Mike M who has my addy - however, thanks again for
> the thoughts (and words, Noel <g>)
>
> I'm just warming up on my 3rd Glenmorangie (after my glass of
> Guinness) and a superb meal with Mrs Mart - Cheers!!
>
> Mart
>
> (Must have been the Glenmorangie fumes)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Oh no.........I didn't get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old girl!! Must mark that
down in my Address Book. And mine was June 14th......a true Gemini and damn
proud of it, lol!!

Now......we just have to get Mike's birthdate......and the Loon's. You do
have Noel's, I think. Need that one too. November?

Cheers.....Heather

> <lol> How's the head today Mart, glad to hear you had a good day.
>
> I must be a victim of the outage as well, I sent a reply to Heather to
> remind her it was mine on Monday but it seems to have dissappeared <g>
> All the best from
> Joan
>
> Mart wrote:
> >I tried to tack this onto Noels response about 3 hours ago - but for
> > some reason, it hasn't appeared...??
> >
> > So I'll try again and tack it onto yours, Joan.
> >
> > <copy>
> > Thanks for the posts, you guys....
> >
> > I think it is only Mike M who has my addy - however, thanks again for
> > the thoughts (and words, Noel <g>)
> >
> > I'm just warming up on my 3rd Glenmorangie (after my glass of
> > Guinness) and a superb meal with Mrs Mart - Cheers!!
> >
> > Mart
> >
> > (Must have been the Glenmorangie fumes)

<zip>

--

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Oh no.........I didn't get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old girl!! Must mark that
> down in my Address Book. And mine was June 14th......a true Gemini and
> damn
> proud of it, lol!!
>
> Now......we just have to get Mike's birthdate......and the Loon's. You do
> have Noel's, I think. Need that one too. November?
>
> Cheers.....Heather
>
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> <lol> How's the head today Mart, glad to hear you had a good day.
>>
>> I must be a victim of the outage as well, I sent a reply to Heather to
>> remind her it was mine on Monday but it seems to have dissappeared <g>
>> All the best from
>> Joan
>>
>> Mart wrote:
>> >I tried to tack this onto Noels response about 3 hours ago - but for
>> > some reason, it hasn't appeared...??
>> >
>> > So I'll try again and tack it onto yours, Joan.
>> >
>> > <copy>
>> > Thanks for the posts, you guys....
>> >
>> > I think it is only Mike M who has my addy - however, thanks again for
>> > the thoughts (and words, Noel <g>)
>> >
>> > I'm just warming up on my 3rd Glenmorangie (after my glass of
>> > Guinness) and a superb meal with Mrs Mart - Cheers!!
>> >
>> > Mart
>> >
>> > (Must have been the Glenmorangie fumes)

<lol> You have mail and mine hasn't been yet it's next Monday <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Oh no.........I didn't get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old girl!! Must mark
> that down in my Address Book. And mine was June 14th......a true
> Gemini and damn proud of it, lol!!
>
> Now......we just have to get Mike's birthdate......and the Loon's.
> You do have Noel's, I think. Need that one too. November?
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Gotcha!! - and you got mine wrong by a month!( HINT - I'm a Saggy!)

--

> <lol> You have mail and mine hasn't been yet it's next Monday <g>
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
>> Oh no.........I didn't get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old girl!! Must mark
>> that down in my Address Book. And mine was June 14th......a true
>> Gemini and damn proud of it, lol!!
>>
>> Now......we just have to get Mike's birthdate......and the Loon's.
>> You do have Noel's, I think. Need that one too. November?
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather

Perhaps there's a clue in your name then, Noel?

Mart

> Gotcha!! - and you got mine wrong by a month!( HINT - I'm a Saggy!)
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> <lol> You have mail and mine hasn't been yet it's next Monday <g>
>> Joan
>>

>> Heather wrote:
>>> Oh no.........I didn't get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, old girl!! Must mark
>>> that down in my Address Book. And mine was June 14th......a true
>>> Gemini and damn proud of it, lol!!
>>>
>>> Now......we just have to get Mike's birthdate......and the Loon's.
>>> You do have Noel's, I think. Need that one too. November?
>>>
>>> Cheers.....Heather

<lol> I know, I replied to her without checking my address book and
because she had said November just put that without thinking. My excuse is
it was Friday and getting late and had a few problems last few days <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> Gotcha!! - and you got mine wrong by a month!( HINT - I'm a Saggy!)

Shane

You mean, he's old as Christmas? I daresay you're onto something there.

Anyway, a Retrospectively-happy Birthday, Mart!

Shane

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Perhaps there's a clue in your name then, Noel?
>
> Mart
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Gotcha!! - and you got mine wrong by a month!( HINT - I'm a Saggy!)
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> <lol> You have mail and mine hasn't been yet it's next Monday <g>
>>> Joan

Shane

BTW my Ad-aware updating issue was almost-certainly the consequence of a
batch I run. Because of the multi-booting, rather than updating online all
the security programs in each OS, I update one then run a batch that copies
updated files to a shared partition, or from that partition where
appropriate. Originally it was updating only def files, then I changed that
to any newer file - and for many months it did work, but re-installing
Ad-aware fixed the issue and my batch seems the most likely explanation.

Shane

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You mean, he's old as Christmas? I daresay you're onto something there.
>

> Anyway, a Retrospectively-happy Birthday, Mart!
>

> Shane
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Perhaps there's a clue in your name then, Noel?
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Gotcha!! - and you got mine wrong by a month!( HINT - I'm a Saggy!)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>>
>>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>>
>>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
>>> NG's
>>>
>>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the (retro) good wishes, Shane.

Regarding the Ad-aware updating saga, things have settled down here and have
worked quite normally for the past three or four 'updates' - and I haven't
made any changes that I am aware of. So my (personal - at least as far as my
2 PC's are concerned) conclusion remains as a server issue (congestion?)
which has now been rectified.

BTW & FWIW - to whoever it was who was troubled with very slow 'loading
definitions', I have been re-building an old 200MHz box and re-installed
WinMe (clean install) and sure enough, Ad-aware takes for-ever to load.
Takes no-time, with a 2GHz XP box.

Mart

> BTW my Ad-aware updating issue was almost-certainly the consequence of a
> batch I run. Because of the multi-booting, rather than updating online all
> the security programs in each OS, I update one then run a batch that
> copies updated files to a shared partition, or from that partition where
> appropriate. Originally it was updating only def files, then I changed
> that to any newer file - and for many months it did work, but
> re-installing Ad-aware fixed the issue and my batch seems the most likely
> explanation.
>
> Shane
>
> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You mean, he's old as Christmas? I daresay you're onto something there.
>>

>> Anyway, a Retrospectively-happy Birthday, Mart!
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Perhaps there's a clue in your name then, Noel?
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>

>>> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Happy Birthday Mart! Sorry it's belated. My mom passed away the morning of
June 27th and things have been rather hectic. It's even more difficult that
I am now 2000+ miles away. So, I am playing catch up.

Jan :)

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mart,
> I meant to send this earlier but somehow thought it was tomorrow, <g>
> Just found the paper I wrote the date on so sorry it's a bit late would
> have sent you a card but don't have your addy <g>
> Hope you had a great day and enjoy the rest of it.
> Joan

Thanks for the greetings Jan, and sorry to hear of your sad news.

Take care,

Mart