Happy but concerned SP2

I have done it Yipee, all of my devices are now wirelessly connected, I am
running SP2 and things are sweet. Windows configures the wireless network
settings automatically and the security is good>> not great but good. The
information bar can be a pain because almost everytime you go to a new site
it is either warning you of a pop up or advising you that an active x
control is needed. There are so many sites that require active x controls,
how do we know which are safe and which are not. SP2 warns us that active x
is potentially dangerous so how do we decide what is safe to download and
what isn't?

Every activex control is potentially dangerous. No site *needs* activex,
they just use it to be sexy.

As a rule of thumb you should only accept *signed* activex controls, and
only from trusted sites, so once you put them into your trusted zone you
shouldn't be continually bombarded with warnings.

--
Tony Marston

http://www.tonymarston.net

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have done it Yipee, all of my devices are now wirelessly connected, I am
>running SP2 and things are sweet. Windows configures the wireless network
>settings automatically and the security is good>> not great but good. The
>information bar can be a pain because almost everytime you go to a new site
>it is either warning you of a pop up or advising you that an active x
>control is needed. There are so many sites that require active x controls,
>how do we know which are safe and which are not. SP2 warns us that active x
>is potentially dangerous so how do we decide what is safe to download and
>what isn't?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS