Question Hard Crashing / No BSOD

Jan 27, 2022
I have been having hard crashes (no bsod/reboots) while playing high resource games and am not sure of the cause. Ive linked the dump files, and will write a list of things I have done for troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DUMPS:https://drive.google.com/file/d/14sUmHH6LF_JIBMKrqnZBa_hYfljuAfsg/view?usp=sharing

Troubleshooting:
Reformatted Drive w/Windows
Stress Tested RAM, GPU, CPU (No OCing)
Swapped RAM around in various configurations with two different sets of RAM, and at various speeds.
Reseated GPU
Flashed and updated BIOS

System Info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-54PKHND
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4022, 10/19/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.3
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1151"
User Name DESKTOP-54PKHND\james
Time Zone Mountain Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 24.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 26.8 GB
Page File Space 5.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022
Hey Nige,

Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded all those benchmarks and they ran fine. I really am at a loss as I cant reproduce the issue outside of the game. Those dump files pointed to the game file as the cause process for the most part, but recently is showing DWM.exe and system as the cause.

I guess its worth running an additional antivirus/anti malware on off scan incase you have any nasties, perhaps also run the Microsoft Defender Offline scan (in the Options tab of Windows Security).
Maybe also do a Game File verify thingy (steam can do this on Steam downloaded games) to check file integrity of your games. Not sure if Ubisoft, Origin, Epic etc have that facility too, but probably they do.

Jan 27, 2022
Repaired and Scanned, nothing popped up. The GPU came as part of a prebuild, so Im hoping its new. I scanned the cards firmware and It just confirmed it was uptodate. As for an extra GPU I might have one kicking around I could try, let me try that out.

as a note the company who did the prebuild said they would RMA the GPU if needed, so I may pull the trigger on that.

TRENDING THREADS