Hard Disc Failure

Asteroid2201

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hi there,

Recently I had a hard disc crash in my dell laptop, the message read, "Smart Failure Predicted on Hard Disc 4", I Contacted Dell Tech Support and they advised me to replace my hard disc, which I did. I re-installed my OS and Drivers but after two days my laptop just froze and I could do nothing but force shut down, this happened every time I switched my comp on. So I contacted Dell Tech support and they made me do several Diagnostic tests but no hardware related issues were detected, so they made me re-install the OS but the problem still persisted.
So if there is anybody who can help me out please do.

And by the way when the laptop froze, the LED in the laptop which shows the activity of the HDD was turned off, whereas the LED showing the Power status was on.

Asteroid2201

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

I use a Deep Cool X4 cool pad, so the temperature doesn't rise that much and over that this freezing incidents took place within 10 to 30 mins after the laptop was switched on thus the laptop, in no way, had too high a temperature.

Asteroid2201

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Could you please elaborate a little on what you mean by bad power? I have used speed fan earlier but I haven't tried changing any settings through it, as I was afraid that it might mess up my computer. I can monitor temperature on speed fan but how does one monitor voltage?