Hard disk drive not detected

m_jeff

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Hi everyone

I have two previous builds with no conflicts and both of them were AMD builds. This is my third build and it is a Intel machine now I am having problems.

Below are the specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
RAM: 2 1gb Corsair DDR2 PC6400
HDD: 500gb Seagate
GPU: Powercolor 4870 Radeon

Initially on first boot I entered bios to set the boot order for CD-ROM before HDD. In the post message it says Hard Disk Drive not Detected. So I decided to try loading windows vista from DVD. I initially received a blue screen with Stop Error:0x0000007F. So I switched my Ram sticks with new ones. Now when I try to load windows it will say loading files and when done where it would go to a blue screen now it continues loading windows but will freeze with the blue windows background and a the cursor. Will not load past that. Any suggestions?

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I had this problem from a seagate before. I was using it as a secondary drive initially so it wasn't really a huge problem, I just had to go to the seagate site and download some program that got it to recognize. I can't remember the program so I would suggest just going to the site and looking. maybe use another drive to boot then once it's fixed just do whatever you want with it.

m_jeff

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
The hard drive is a SATA and in the bios it is set to run as IDE. The PSU is a Corsair Quad 750W. I have already switched out the hard drive with another brand new one however it was still a seagate.

TRENDING THREADS